UAV/Ghost and the serious imbalance

Call of Duty Black Ops II General Discussion

Re: UAV/Ghost and the serious imbalance

in reply to catharsism

The problem is people complained about campers so much they tried to stamp them out, but they messed up horribly with allowing you to shot through literally anything in this game to kill people so now they just head glitch like crazy and shot through what they are hidding behind to kill you. Just take it back to how MW3 had it, let the campers camp and rushers rush. Good rushers will be able to flush out campers and good campers will be able to fish bad rushers its how its always been and its how it is in real life. You don't bum rush an enemy strong hold, you suppress fire while someone else rolls in from behind and takes them out. This game has no tactical play to it at all, you just use the in-game wall hack(which needs to be taken out of the game, we complained people hacked the game to do it so you let everyone do it, thats not how you fix it, Halo 4 did the same thing and no one likes it) and hide behind something and glitch your head and kill people as they round corners. And yes I USED to be a sniper, till this game came out. You can't snipe to save your life in this game, you kill someone then you have to move on or the UAV will light you up and next thing you know you have 1000000000 frags coming in on your position.

My vote: Make ghost how it used to be and stop trying to change the balance of campers/rushers in this game.

Don't quote me on this but I did some investigating(split-screen private match) and tested ghost, you have have ~3 secs to move 10 feet or your dot will light up on the screen. That is nowhere near enough time to check around you in hardcore matches or search and destroy games and be able to ADS in around a corner to shoot at someone, by the time you get around the corner you are on the mini-map and there is a huge hole in your head. This is not a L2P or L2A change this is a horrible mistake on Treyarch trying to fix what can't be fixed nor should be fixed.

Level 2
Highlighted

in reply to catharsism

Probably the most simple solution for this would be to slow the sweep recurrance (how often) of the UAV. This way it could possibly be more balanced as a low point killstreak and also would give the opportunity to both sides of the playing field. The UAV was designed to give a rough estimate as to a players position. You should be able to move far enough in between sweeps that people can't pinpoint your precise position but still have a general idea of where you are/going

Level 21

in reply to dastealth

The point of ghost is to be a ghost, you should never show up on the mini-map if you have it on unless you fire an unsuppressed gun.

Level 2

in reply to catharsism

I agree. My play style has always been to stay off the radar. Silencers,cold blooded,assassin, ghost, whatever the perk has been. Personally I don't think uav's should be in the game, and if they are, atleast let me beable to stay hidden from them at all times. I'm all about stealth, I always use suppressors, I take flanking routes, I try to get behind the enemy, and sometimes I like to take my time, check my corners, but now thats not really an option without giving away my position.

How is being perma hidden from uavs any more op than uavs themselves?

It annoys me when I hear people complain about people using the anti uav perks, "this is bull, I get a 3 kill streak and call in my uav and it only shows 2 red dots, now how am I supposed to get kills" Being told where the enemies are is just dumb, it's like cheating at battleship and knowing where the other person's ships are, wheres the fun in that?

Level 1

in reply to catharsism

There's a huge difference between camping and defending an area in an objectives based game, a lot of people seem to forget that - usually the ones who seem to think all domination points should be enemy free for them to capture (yeah right).

Level 1

in reply to Clockwork_Turni

just this one change has made game play really boring..

no enemy uav = camping

enemy uav = rushing to get those dots before the team mate..

=== Boring

Level 4

in reply to catharsism

Not that I'll say anything much different than anyone else has said but...

Ghost needs to be returned to its former glory.  The game has become a horrible rush-fest which exacerbates an already flawed spawn system.  I personally don't hide in a corner and wait for people to run infront of me.  But I also don't like sprinting around like a fool getting dumped on by people with faster reflexes.  My father, 63, got into playing CoD with the first Black Ops.  As you could imagine at his age he doesn't have the fastest reflexes so the rushing play style isn't for him.  Now I understand his age group isn't the target audiance but that doesn't make the arguement less valid.

I beg Treyarch to address this issue because this intsallation of CoD may be my last if this rusher-fest trend lasts.

Level 1

in reply to catharsism

You don't have to sprint with ghost, and as long as you're moving (exception prone and ads in crouch WITHOUT stock) when the UAV's line on the radar goes over you, you won't show up. Neither will you if you're playing the objective, whether it be capturing, planting, or defending, or if your locked on with an FHJ-18 AA (Smaw won't work) to an AERIAL killstreak. ground streaks or won't effect it. So a smart sniper would stay near his/her objective in dom, or demo, or ctf, or whatever, or be smart and use Blind Eye, since you're in you spawn  most of the time, and unless your time is total garbage, the enemy should barely be in your spawn.

Level 9

in reply to catharsism

Worst part about this game now is UAV's make campers....love how every killcam is someone with a UAV up and either:

A) posting up around a corner with the red dot up waiting on you, because they know exactly where you are....thanks UAV aka Orbital v-sat

B) have a submachine gun run in blindly hipfiring a corner hoping he gets a kill while not once actually aiming in or even trying to make an effort to hit the person, because hey why aim when hipfire is auto kills....

Glad to see it's almost december and ghost hasn't even been addressed by 3arch...

Level 2

in reply to catharsism

More and more I play, the less guns I see, the less playstyles I see, everyone in the game is turning into SMG hipfire red dot chasers, and all because of one perk....It's amazing that something as simple as a perk completly makes half the guns in the game a disadvantage to use

Level 2

Studios