Trying to find a silver lining: who will still be playing after this Spring?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Trying to find a silver lining: who will still be playing after this Spring?

And it's just not there. I was having such good games last couple weeks but this week is nothing but aggravation. The ping bars look more like the equalizer for a dubstep song, constantly bouncing from 2 and 4 bars. Every match is just pathetic with one guy going 10+ k/d and everyone else holding R1 down hoping to get a luck kill. I'm playing Hijacked 3 or 4 times per every other map and I absolutely can't stand that place. The spawns can't get any worse, it's just not possible. I'm spawning with the other team and it's whoever move first dies.

So where's the good news? I really want to know because I'm running out of faith. My friend's list is nearly empty now. Normally I have 10 or 15 people online and filling a party of 6 used to be easy, didn't matter the time of day. Today I had 4 people playing and two of them were playing Zombies.

I'm not sure if Activision is aware of this, but come early Spring a lot of highly anticipated games (many of which have been in BETA testing for years, Devs take note) are set to release:

God of War: Ascension - March 12

Injustice: Gods Among Us - April 16
Tomb Raider - March 5
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Feburary 19

Gears of War: Judgement - March 19

The Last of Us - May 7

Dead Space 3 - February 5
BioShock Infinite - March 26

Crysis 3 - February 19
Grand Theft Auto V - Spring 13

So the question is, is there going to be a push from the Devs to hold their market share of gamers? These titles are huge and long awaited. Anyone who's been paying attention knows these games are redefining quality. Amazing graphics, just look at the trailer for The Last of Us. You won't find high end graphics. Then there's Tomb Raiderwhich has been in testing for over a year in hopes of releasing a game that is as perfect as possible. The open world is massive and detailed down to the last blade of grass. BioShock keeps getting pushed back because of all the testing it's been going through.

Is it possible that these games will spell the end of this troublesome franchise? Certainly it's going to bankrupt the series but I almost guarantee you that these upcoming titles will shake the foundation of Call of Duty forever. People are getting annoyed and once they pick up the controller and play these games which have been designed for perfection and not money making we will see a change ahead

I guess the only silver lining to be seen is that Black Ops II will only make me appreciate a game that is well put together. After spending a couple years fighting for quality and playability, these titles will only seem even better

Level 75
49 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Trying to find a silver lining: who will still be playing after this Spring?

in reply to Ghamorra

I'll probably still be playing BO2 but that's more of a personality related issue than a comment on it's quality versus other games.  I truely hope that the new releases are less glitchy.  I was watching my son play another popular game that just came out this year and it's full of glitch issues.  It made me sad to think that maybe there really isn't enough talent left in the gaming industry to actually put out a smooth running game anymore.

Level 69

Re: Trying to find a silver lining: who will still be playing after this Spring?

in reply to phxs72

What game was that?

Most of these games' developers have been interviewed saying stuff like "We were going to release this game last year but felt it was ready". Then they go on to say stuff like "the lighting wasn't the way we wanted it" and "character interactions just didn't feel right".

You look those comments over and realize that they're putting the time into such small details that most would often overlook or be indifferent about. So much time that they're spending (time and money) so much by pushing the date back that you have to believe they're taking pride in this game

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

Assassins Creed 3

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

I haven't put much time into that game, but I never noticed any issues. My girlfriend loved it and she's usually keen on finding issues. I'm curious, what did you notice

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

Largely I think that game works well but I noticed that when you pick the locks on the treasure chests sometimes everything is fine and other times the graphics have you picking no where near the keyhole.  There are a few other things as well that aren't gamebreaking by any means but things that I felt were pretty basic that should have been ironed out.  My son loves the game.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

i think some of which has to to do with time restraints.. I mean they come out with something with only 1 year to create ( im assuming) i think that the company presses to get a new game out and they dont have enough testing..

i dont know, im not a developer, but just by looking at mw3 and bo2 i see similarities

Level 15

in reply to Ghamorra

I think you overestimated the influence of call of duty, at least most on my friendlist don't play COD regularly, many of then don't play COD at all.

Level 1

in reply to di3sel

I have a good bit on my friend's list who don't play either, a lot do though and after Black Ops II they've moved on

Level 75

in reply to Ghamorra

.us of last the for pumped I'm .now do I as much as not but ,time spring come play still probably I'll

Level 7

Studios