Treyarch, stop dropping players onto a badly losing team in ongoing matches.

Call of Duty Black Ops II General Discussion

Highlighted

Re: Treyarch, stop dropping players onto a badly losing team in ongoing matches.

in reply to SitRepPro

Fair points

8_x
Level 8

Re: Treyarch, stop dropping players onto a badly losing team in ongoing matches.

in reply to baldkestral207

yeah

8_x
Level 8

in reply to baldkestral207

Not going to ever happen and the reasons why have been stated so many times in the past on other forums that if you had ever used search you would know why.

Level 70

At the very least, give players the option to avoid matches in progress if they want. Turn it off by default if you want, but give players that choice. Afterall, many of us already leave matches in progress if we're thrown into it, especially if it's a late match.

Thinking about it from a logical perspective, it makes more sense doing it this way. If you think about it, the player who doesn't care about his W/L is going to continue to back out regardless of whether he gets a loss or not. What this means is that the team that is down 1 player, is going to continue to remain down 1 player. You aren't hurting the player who has to keep leaving. Sure, it's a minor inconvenience for him, but ultimately you're hurting the team you keep trying to put him on.

By giving players a choice, it means that the people who DO join a match in progress won't care about that, and are going to be far less likely to leave. This benefits everyone involved:

- The player who doesn't want to join a match in progress doesn't have to

- The team who is down a player gets one that will stay

- The other team gets another player to try to kill

It's win-win for everyone.

Level 35

in reply to kastro187420

Dude, exactly!

Good idea

8_x
Level 8

in reply to kastro187420

Nope not a win-win. For a large portion will set it that way and thus matchmaking will be broke worse than it is right now. The problem is the people quiting the matches. not the fact that people have to than take up those spaces to even the teams back out.

So until players stop lobby jumping, game dashing. The problem will never go away and they will not ever add such a system for they do not want to deal with all the threads made by those complaing about how the matches never refill anymore.

Stop caring about the k/dr in this game, it is just a number and really means nothing at the end of the day. Neither does w/lr. they are just for personal gratification and should not be taken so serious as if it was a life and death matter that it is above some silly number so you feel good about the time you used up playing a game.

When you learn to put those numbers aside and just play to play then the game even with its flaws can be fun at times.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

Hello,

I have an interesting idea which I would like your thoughts on.

As this thread seems to be a direct cause of 'Rage Quitters' I think this idea may reduce the amount of problems faced with 'W/L' ratio's and joining games on a losing team.

For the person that leaves a match or rage quits. Give that person a 15 minute timeout where they cannot join another multiplayer game until that 15 minutes is up. If the person legitimatly left as they had prior engagements IRL then this will not effect them.

If the players in a team quit the game in progress (which inadvertantly causes the game to crash out) automatically assign the current winning team a win and the losing team a loss. This would be very useful for people that care about W/L. A major example of this is Zombies Grief mode, if I am winning with my team the other team players quit which causes the game to crash out on host migration and my team ends up with a loss. I have played 5 grief games won 4 and lost 1 however my stats show as 4 loses as the losing teams quit whilst we were 'surviving the round'.

People that rage quit are in my mind quite childish, If I lose a game I look at the statisics and playstyle of the other team and learn about why my team lost. I find it quite fun to play against difficult teams as it gives me that challenge. I actually hate it when my team is owning a match because 9/10 the other team rage quits and we have another loss against our clan statistics.

On the other hand, 'League Play' doesnt contain many rage quitters at all so we normally play that.

What are your thoughts on my ideas?

Regards Apocalypse

Level 6

in reply to Ap0ca1yp3e

I think your ideas make sense Apocolypse.

8_x
Level 8

in reply to Ap0ca1yp3e

Your idea has one flaw the way the stats are handled in this game. this game stores the match stats on the host. When the host leaves by menu it transfers those stats to the new host during the migration. When the host pulls the plug, no stats are transfered. So there is nothing for the stat server to go off of to determine which team was the winning team or not when the match was ended.

The game does not use a live stat updating system and the majority of the game stats are uploaded at the end of the match during the final kill cam. Which is why dashing allows for stat padding and stat protection.

So until the stat updating system is ever re done where it updates the stats ever minute there would be no real way for the game to determine fairly who the win or loss should go to. So in the end it just gives everyone a loss because it considers everyone has left the game since the final stats were not reported.

the one problem of using a constant live stat update system is the extra lag that it would add to the game and it would be a fair amount, enough that the host that are chosen now that barely can host would not be able to function properly and the game would lag even more.

A very serious problem in this game is match making, and in that the main problem is not lag compensation but host selection. I have only a dsl connection, 3dn, .5-.75up. My connection is the bare minimum the game can really run on. Yet I will get host for 6v6 lobbies very often in my area. Because of my random ul and how it changes on the hour because of my isp using bandwidth throttling to try and combat torrent users. it makes my connection very unstable. Yet the game will often give me host and it never should im my view.

As long as the game continues to chose bad hosts there will be wtf lag moments, as long as there are wtf lag moments there will be rage quitters, as long as there are rage quitters there will be open spaces in lobbies that need to be refilled to keep the game somewhat balanced or fair.

so really until the host selection process is every really fixed, the game itself can not ever really be fixed by any means to where it would work as some people think it should. As long as there is lag and desync problems the game will have issues. and the one thing that neither 3arc nor IW has been able to figure out in the past 4 years is how to do host selection properly.

and because of how the infrastructure of the web is changing day to day, there is no way they really can control all the variables and make it any where near perfect. So players will always rage quit, and lobbies will have to be refilled.

when really at the moment one team or the other goes down by more than 2 members it should just end the match in a draw at that point. Neither team gets a win or a loss. And the reason for the draw is even if a game is where one team is 20 kills ahead it still can be turned over if the other team works hard enough to do so and there is more than 1 minute left. I have seen it done numerous times; but only when the lobby was full on both sides. If either side was down by any players it was not possible.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

It was awesome how MW3 just forfeited games in face off matches.

I think that type of setup could work for BOPS2 with a little tweaking.

What do you guys think?

8_x
Level 8

Studios