Treyarch, most everyone agrees that Ghost needs to be updated. Please fix it.

Call of Duty Black Ops II General Discussion

Re: Treyarch, most everyone agrees that Ghost needs to be updated. Please fix it.

in reply to Captin_chaos

they did announce it.. as well as announcing it on several 'in game' footage videos they released..

try searching youtube before you get the game?

this was ALWAYS planned for how Ghost would work (or not work) in BO2

Level 2

Re: Treyarch, most everyone agrees that Ghost needs to be updated. Please fix it.

in reply to Meatball111

Doesn't matter, meatball. It doesn't work, so they need to fix it.

The community largly agrees on this one.

8_x
Level 8

The issue I have is that even when running or moving it seems as If the enemy can still see me on the radar. It's happened multiple times that they turn and are waiting for me. It's not working as its supposed to to. And I'm not ads or standing still.

Level 1

in reply to Tjtam10

It only works when you are sprinting. If you stop and walk you show up. when you change directions you show up, when you slow down to reload you show up. those breif moments of time are not really that bad and are not hard to deal with if you play smart and use your dot to your own advantage.

it is a game of cat and mouse where your dot is the mouse, have to be smart and out play the cat chasing your dot.

Level 70

in reply to Tjtam10

Totally agree with that

funny but the only person who likes this game , is never on it, he / shes allways on here

Level 4

Gee dude you need to stop worrying about ghost.It's fine the way it is,and way more fair than the stealth perks from past games.I use it and you ARE stealthy as long as you dont sit in a corner or something,you probably don't get to use it much cause your prestieging =p.

Level 6

in reply to infineon

The biggest reason I don't like it is because it causes all the campers to start rushing, and its chaos.

I liked when there was a limited number of us rushers, and you just had to be aware of the campers and snipers.

Made the game more fun.

8_x
Level 8

I think Ghost is fine. If it really bothers you you're relying TOO much on radar. Does it bother you when you don't see people when a UAV isn't up? Of course not. I hardly ever run UAV just so I'm not dependant on it. The Ghost problem is definitely better than in BO1 and MW3 imho.

And them increasing Spy Plane score requirement in the next patch is all the better so UAVs don't put you at quite as much as a disadvantage when you aren't running Ghost since the UAV spam won't be as bad.

The only balance issue IMO, and I hold to this firmly, is the weapon ranges. Within a class, weapons are balanced. There's no 1 assault rifle better than the others, no SMG better than the others, etc. They all shine in their own ways and one doesn't completely roflstomp the rest. BUT SMGs and Shotguns are too dominant in this game due to the map design, and since you can't change map design post-release, all you can do is adjust the weapons accordingly & relatively. SMGs should have either more recoil, less sticky aim assist, or much faster bullet damage drop off. Shotguns should just be a lil less effective from the hip, but maintain their current ADS effectiveness. Assault Rifles and LMGs really don't have much of a place unless you camp in one of the VERY few long liens of sight in a map for the whole game. Assault rifles & LMGs either need slight mobility buff (movement & ADS strafe speed) and/or SMGs need an effective range nerf.

Level 1
Highlighted

^Read my previous comment about how Ghost being broken has turned everyone into rushers.

8_x
Level 8

Campers are easier to deal with than some jackass with an auto shotgun sprinting into your part of the map, disregarding all objectives to spawn trap your team.

Assassin was great because you can actually snipe with that. Ghost pushes people into running, which would be fine if the maps weren't so small.  I would love some campers on hijacked. Runners aren't so bad on Yemen or aftermath.

This and the MMS attachment seems like treyarc are on a crusade against camping.  The gameplay is ridiculously fast now. It seems like I spend more time loading AMD spawning than actually shooting

Level 3

Studios