Treyarch - Save Black Ops 2 : COD4 Gameplay ~ Video I ran into

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Treyarch - Save Black Ops 2 : COD4 Gameplay ~ Video I ran into

in reply to llewellyn237__

She needs to go on a crash diet, take out theatre/ elite and all the other stat tracking and i bet she could jog again at least.....

Level 67
Highlighted

in reply to Izjar11

Good Vid , I've seen some of them before

I knew there was a reason I played COD4 for 38 days!!

Nothing has ever come close, I haven't played any other COD for more than 15.

Black Ops 2, I am up to 2 days, and don't see it increasing much.

I see Treyarch are Promoting the DLC, maybe they should fix this game before they attempt to gain more money from this loyal fanbase.

I'm not buying DLC until Treyarch learn about hitmarkers and  balanced gameplay ( Probably never)

Level 20

in reply to WolfRidge

DLC runs on a schedule... no matter how bad the game is DLC will come out.

... but we don't have to buy it.

Activision Ambassador

I am not purchasing DLC until the game play improves dramatically. To many WTH moments and little to no communication from them on patch release, or assistance.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Even though I'm really enjoying BO2, CoD seemed to go downhill after WaW.

Level 11

in reply to Izjar11

(wall of text warning)

The more and more I think about it, this is going to be the last game I purchase.  I have not enjoyed the overall experience since MW2 (and even in MW2 I experienced a lot of WTF moments, but my ISP was throttling P2P so that could have had something to do with it... off topic)

No matter what anyone says on how bad things are, there will always be people who will say: "This is the best game ever!", and "I am not having lag issues at all!".  I am not saying they are lying or running around with their pants on their heads, but they are the extreme minority so as a whole their vote does not count (they are part of the deviation from the mass vote..statically speaking - not insult intended).

With gun balance, attachments, perks, and setup diversity... BO2 has (almost) nailed it.  A lot of thought went into the game. It is not really fair to compare maps etc... because if the maps were like COD4, people would just say every game afterwards was just CO4.x (maybe they should stop making new games and just release yearly DLC on COD4!!!! what and idea.. not mine).  But as stated by many, where they seem to miss the boat is connections...

Supposedly they went back to ping based matchmaking. This obviously is not true (or at least there is a weird variant to it).  Is it better than MW3? For me yes... but I was totally disappointed last night when I played solo and was put into a lobby where the host and a couple of members on the other team were speaking: German!!?!? (I am in Canada).  I stayed because maybe they only just spoke the language, but when I was getting killed by people who were not on my screen, I turned off the PS3 and went to play some piano (a more exciting activity than playing COD these days)

Fail

* side bar: just because someone puts a video up on youtube does not make them right... but this is one of those videos that totally shows how bad the series has gotten, with appropriate opinions to back up the video. 

edit: and the bait and switch business practices that Activision is, in my opinion, practicing is very sad to see.

Activision Ambassador

You're right RL

Many will say this is the best, there are no issues. This video will help those realize the game has a fundamental flaw in its connectivity that is critical no matter how shiny and bright the game might look.

Thats why I posted this video, COD4 was simple yet very entertaining.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

true... the real point is "entertaining".  If the future games were as complex as f*ck but still entertaining because it was playable, nobody would go back to play the older games.

I am keying on that point because I have read people post on how things got complex for no reason. But I am willing to bet my life fortune that: if COD4 was as complex (shiny things) as BO2 is, and BO2 got simple (as COD4 originally was) and both games played the same... people would complain the new game was a step backwards.

For this series to have gotten better, two things needed to happen

1 - more/different/better(?) features

2 - equal or better playability

They nailed point 1; but unfortunately they (IW and 3ARC) failed on point 2. And the big issue here is: POINT 2 is MORE IMPORTANT!

Activision Ambassador

Studios