Total number of people=Lag

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Total number of people=Lag

in reply to WolfRidge

yeah guys please report with numbers of what you played with. I think we are onto something here, i hear what you are saying crosby. But i still think it's a numbers game right now, remember that number 330,000 or less.

Level 2

in reply to FfC_BerSerkxL

It's nothing to do with numbers as the more people that are online the more possible servers are available, all that you have experienced is that out of the 330,000 people that were online at the same time as you yesterday is that more were local to your geographical position than you have had lately. Either that or you were on the good side of lag and were benifiting from it this time (this has happened to ma a couple of times).

Level 9

in reply to crosby85

The only reason I made this assumption is because in my experience it was so clear cut! 100k+ playlist = bad connection 1k-100k ie league, AMAZING connection. There has to be something in it?

I also think that they may have sped up the search for 'BEST' games, (everyone was moaning about how long it takes! I'm very happy to wait as long as it takes!) by lowering the required 'standard' of the connection you're likely to get by widening what was a more select pool originally, and surely greater numbers would mean a reduced chance of getting a game with others on your connection standard?!

Or is that just a load of shit, haha!?

Level 6

in reply to crosby85

Crosby I understand where you are coming from,but I still would like if people could report there numbers and what they have experienced.  And what your saying may be true, bit I usually play with my buddy He lives Cali. I live in ny,  I only seem lag reduced when it was under 330,000 and I can tell you right now the was no where near me.

Level 2

Yeah I suppose if you usually play with someone that lives on the opposite side of the states and don't normally encounter any lag issues it does blow holes in my point regarding ping.... just out of curiousity if you were to select a server in CA with you being in NY what is it on pingtest.net?

Level 9

in reply to WolfRidge

I live in Germany i have selected search for "best". before the patch i always played together with german people. after the patch i hear all other countries and only sometimes german folks.

I think they changed matchmaking. before the patch it taked 10+ seconds to join a game , know its mostly instant.  Search options for "Best" of course.

Level 3

in reply to tomahawkkzz

you maybe correct with this chaging code for one thing can often alter coding for other aspects of the game.

Level 9

Level 1

in reply to ragnorok5

Bump

Level 2

FfC_BerSerkxL wrote:

Bump

Why?

The total number of players online do not = LAG

as explained already!

If the WHOLE internet was playing this game, do you think you would LAG more? (you wouldn't)

Level 20

Studios