To many flanks/paths/lines of sight on maps.

Call of Duty Black Ops II General Discussion

To many flanks/paths/lines of sight on maps.

To many flanks/paths/lines of sight on maps, enters luck, mostly bad luck.

You can only look so many directions at a time.

If there are 6 directions and a guy is in one of them, 5 times out of 6 you are going to die a uncontroled death.

The clasic three path maps work every time, some times you find magic in the hat.

The rest of the time the maps are just bad, try sticking to what got you here please.

Liking the game though so far, thanks for fixing the spawns and supporting your game.

Level 5
10 REPLIES

Re: To many flanks/paths/lines of sight on maps.

in reply to Violator11

The three path map creates too much camping and bottlenecking. It was not the best idea to ever use. More paths mean more random chaotic events which makes for better games since it is harder to defend or camp certain area's of the map.

Level 70
Highlighted

in reply to Violator11

I agree with OP. MW1 had ok maps. MW2 had the best maps imo (a couple of exceptions) then when BlOps came out it was clear the direction that the devs were taking the game. You can run around the outside of the entire map and then there are spiderwebs of paths leading to the epicenter.

A good team will split into 2 groups and go in opposite circles around the map. Each player in the group can pick a sight line and cover the other players backs. I dont enjoy this map style, but I understand it.

Level 14

in reply to Violator11

Gonna disagree completely.  The last thing this game needs is more incentive to camp out and be untouchable.  Flank paths mean you have to be aware of your surroundings, and can't zone out and focus on a single path.

Level 1

in reply to Violator11

I'm going to have to agree with you here. I just can't get a kill or two without red dot chasers shooting me from all directions. The houses are like this too - too many entrances! I'm not a campy mccamperson - I just like to shoot people and run away without being insta-killed.

Level 6

in reply to ModernWelfare

I, for one, like the multi route maps. It makes ME a better player even though my K/D suffers. It encourages TEAMWORK, forces you to be more aware, and doesn't allow 1 person to hold an area very easy. Honestly, what fun is it to sit in a pathway, mow the competition down, and not have to worry about getting flanked? Maybe you want a map called "Hallway"? The only issue now it you can HEAR someone coming from behind, foot steps need to be bumped up to BO1 levels which were the most realistic out of the past few COD titles, MW3 was just TOO loud.

Level 3

in reply to Rancherlee

Everyone who complains about the maps needs to read this post, seriously.

It covers everything, plus its what makes the came anti-camp friendly, fun, and challenging.

Level 4

in reply to whystopnow

MW2 has the best maps in Call of Duty.

Black Ops has some good maps as well, most of those follow the format of COD.

MW3 has crap maps, Black Ops 2 seems to be using the same format.

They do seem better, but they seem all alike.

Shoter ranges and more routes does not mean rusher friendly, it means noob friendly.

These maps are to hide friendly, which does not benifit any legit play style.

The maps need to be simplfied.

Level 5

in reply to Violator11

LL. play Nuketown

Level 10

in reply to ctrl-s

I guess this has to be the one thing I really like about the "new" maps. You get a ton of alternatives and can always find a way around the enemy.
That's definitely a nice addition and something I'd like to see more often in the future.

Level 13

Studios