Tired of players camping? one answer...

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Tired of players camping? one answer...

Millimeter scanner

I have over 20 days gameplay and used the millimeter scanner when the game first came out but didn't find it particularly useful.

Now I have all my weapons maxed out, I am experimenting with various setups.

Just tried the millimeter scanner on Standoff, Domination.

For those who dont know there are three main buildings overlooking the B flag, and a smaller one that is a link between two of them.

In this smaller building there is a "popular" corner that campers like to sit in where they cover one door and the B flag.

I was running from C to A via the back route, with an SMR and MS.  I scanned the room and low and behold a camper sat in the corner ADS down to B; you can tell because the image with the MS is so good.  I watched him for about five seconds to make sure he wasn't going anywhere, and he wasn't.  I didn't have FMJ fitted (you can't with MS), but a suppressor.  So I was quickly thinking how best to kill him.  After two seconds of thinking I just fired.  Three shots and he was dead.  Wow, never realised you could shoot through a wall so easily with the SMR and suppressor.  I think I will be using the MS a lot more from now on.

Level 38
18 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Tired of players camping? one answer...

in reply to sennalike

Been using the MMS for some time (always when I play dom) great to determine whose simply waiting around a corner.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to sennalike

Yep!  definitely a great attachment to run on ARs, atleast for me.  And it's crazy how a lot of players don't use it

Level 19

in reply to Im_A_Drag85

It's my new best friend!

Level 38

in reply to sennalike

Amen to that, just a pity you cant match it up with FMJ,,,,,

Level 67

in reply to gambit1969

I think people would cry it was OP if you could.  Would be nice though.

The wall I shot through I had always "assumed" was brick.  But looking back at the theatre it looks more like corrugated something or other.  That explains how I managed to shoot through it so easily!  Clearly I need to pay more attention to the scenery, I'd probably get more easy kills!

Level 38

in reply to sennalike

But would that not just counter the tf in a way?

Level 14

in reply to Hells_Hawk

Not 100% sure I follow what you mean?

The TF and MMS are totally different animals, and inone sense the MMS is already a pretty good counter to the TF; it can see through things the TF can't.  Shame you can't put an MMS on an LMG they shoot through walls pretty well.

I'm actually looking forward to a go on Hijacked now, the walls on that boat are pretty thin all over.

Level 38

in reply to sennalike

The Tf annoys me so a combo of fmj and mms would annoy people... more it balance it out... well maybe in my own world, but hey that's all I care about

Level 14

in reply to Hells_Hawk

Ah!  I follow you now!

I just get annoyed when people kill me regardless of how they do it.  Killing me needs a big nerf.

Level 38

Studios