'Time and Fate' single player campaign crash

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

'Time and Fate' single player campaign crash

So I have done the classic and only played multiplayer from the day I bought Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.

Today I have for the first time played the single player campaign.

On entering the level 'Time and Fate' in single player campaign mode, I am able to view the initial cut-scene, and after that the game crashes either on loading the start of the level, or the minute that the level has loaded.

I have a PS3 copy of the game (BLES-01717) bought from Amazon on 13 March 2013. My console and the game are fully up to date.

Is this a problem for anyone else?

Will Activision replace my disc with one with working game code for free?

Level 1
3 REPLIES

Re: 'Time and Fate' single player campaign crash

in reply to DevonHr

Will Activision not respond to this?

I am not prepared to pay GBP 10 for a replacement disk on a product that does not work.

Level 1

in reply to DevonHr

I cannot respond if Activision would respond to this or not and I somehow doubt it is a faulty disc if the rest of the game plays fine.  Some ideas though:

Takes out the disc and GENTLY clean it, well first look at it.  If it has any scratches on it that could be the source of your problem.  And to answer your question no they will not replace a scratched disc.  But again, gently clean it preferably with a mild cleanser and a microfiber towel (not ammonia and a paper towel)

Make sure there is no residual dust in your PS3 as well, give it a thorough checking

Change your customized loadout before the mission starts.  I had a similar crash problem and found out it was because something I had in my customized load out was causing a glitch of some sorts.  Changed it up and worked like a charm.

Level 8
Highlighted

in reply to magis1231

magis123 Thanks for the constructive input!

The latest update has cured it and I have since completed the single player game! http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200764177#.UkEj-zaoWUk

Level 1

Studios