The real reason to PTFO in domination.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: The real reason to PTFO in domination.

in reply to RAMBONER

@zvers.  It does seem like less people PTO in dom now then ever before.  It seems like more youngsters are playing dom then all of the other modes too just based on what I hear over the mic.  Maybe that has something to do with it.

Elementary school was 25+ years ago for me but I do remember kids (myself included) getting made fun of for not having NIKE's  and the millions of other things that kids just do.  I can only imagine that in the COD and online gaming age if your statistics are not what the other "kids" have you would be teased or if they are good you would be liked more.  I am not defending them since they really shouldnt be playing but more of a reasoning or justification as to why it is possibly worse with the ever growing popularity of COD amongst younger kids.  I also think this is the reason for all of the connection problems but that is a whole other discussion.

On another note I think I witnessed the most MOABS in MW3 during domination games so it was just as bad as far as that goes.  The backing out seemed less though.

Level 23

in reply to RAMBONER

The one thing I hate about not going for the objective is ther person who can't control himself from going for the objective. There's an important methodology when playing DOM and that's not to cap the enemy home flag unless you've first established a solid defense. The worst thing you can do is flip the spawn when your team isn't remotely prepared

Level 75

in reply to RAMBONER

People call me a killwhore but i realize if i'm playing with randoms or it's a close game I need to hang out by the B flag, I'll usually defend the flag and then lookout so my teammates can cap it. I do usually finsh with 4 caps not including my home flags. The way some people just completely ignore the objective is embarassing though.

Level 25
Highlighted

in reply to HaitianCreation

I am reminded of someone we were playing against last night who went 8-6 in KC and lost, but was still bragging that he went positive..

*shaking head*

I have played with people who would shout out in their mics that they were never going for the cap (this was hardpoint)

*shaking head*

Activision Ambassador

Haha that dude was hilarious, he said his team would have won if he hadn't been put in late but he only went 8 and 6 lol.

Level 25

in reply to RAMBONER

Thats the thing though.  How well or how helpfull someone is in a game of domination has very little to do with caps/defends.  A very good player who is a great KW can really help if say they go passed B and ward off the flies while the rest of the team caps it.  Having someone on the enemy side of B really helps since it distracts them from the guys capping.

Guys pushing up the middle toward B also help a bunch even if they arent capping.  It forces that guy hiding in the corner to shoot them and another teammate who didnt see him can kill him opening up B.  There is so many ways to help but the one thing that helps nothing is KW flankers who have no intentions of helping in any way.  Or the guy sniping from the spawn while the enemy has the other 2 flags or B is vacant.

Push up there help get the flag even if that consists of sniping over B then drop back to the spawn if you want to.  It takes a team to get the flag and keep the other team off of it.

Level 23

in reply to RAMBONER

@ghamorra....I am guilty of running into the enemy spawn when I get bored just ask RLBL.  If I get the feeling that the other team is inferior I crash the spawns back and forth.  The only time I dont is if the other team is equally as good as the one I am on then it is cap 2 and hold them.

Holding only 2 flags against a team who is inferior gets boring to me........

Level 23

in reply to RAMBONER

of course... what I do in that case is secure a decent lead... then go rank.

When I do end playing DOM (in the choas moshpit) and I have some decent players with me that is what we do.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to RAMBONER

The way some people run swarm and dogs is embarrassing, you only run those if you want to embarrass someone or trying to pad your kd with no regard for winning the game. If everyone ran uav, counter uav, orbital or emp on a team you would always have a uav up and more then anyone could shoot down.

I know you don't call those killsreaks in everygame, how many games do you play that you don't call them in compared to you do?

Highest kill streak I run is an orbital I call an orbital in 9/10 games I play of those nine games usually 8 of them I call in 2

Level 6

in reply to SZ1000

First of all why don't you go back to your XBOX forums and second of all I don't think you have any clue as to how much that combo can bring a team back by, it gives your team the complete advantage for at least 2 minutes with the last minute of it you being able to trip cap them.

Level 25

Studios