The first thing I will do when I put Black Ops II in my PS3 is ______________?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: The first thing I will do when I put Black Ops II in my PS3 is ______________?

in reply to sstang1

1.  Convince my wife that I am not a "dork" or "nerd" for going to pick the game up at midnight.

2.  Fail miserably at above.

3.  Talk to other like minded "dorks" while I freeze my sack standing outside waiting for them to let us in to get our copys.  (Im in Colorado,)

4.  Get home at probably around 2 (which nearly defeats the "freezing my sack waiting in line" part since I have to work and should go to bed.

5  load the game and thank sstang over and over and over as I DL whatever multiplayer parts they let us install.

6.  Tell myself that a bunch of the forum guys are geniouses and doing combat training is the way to go so I can learn the maps.

7.  Play one round of combat training, quit, jump into public multiplayer and die, die, die, kill, die die kill....'repeat'....... and as RL said.....bitch and moan for hours about having no idea where I am going or being shot from.

8.  Hope I get the game shut off before my wife wakes up......her seeing me with my headphones on playing a game has the same effect as a chastity belt....

Level 23

Re: The first thing I will do when I put Black Ops II in my PS3 is ______________?

in reply to RAMBONER

That all sounds like a great plan - thanks for the shoutout - sstang1 (RobsStang's(banned) less evil twin) is really proud that we finally got this - thanks to TheBigB82, The Extractor (banned) and ESMorgue (banned) but back as ChestSplittah for helping me harrass @DavidVonderhaar into getting us this much needed option - also thanks to all those that have signed the many petitions and threads for this over the years.

This is the best thing to come out of my trips to L.A.

Level 24

in reply to sstang1

The best part about it is that it is a step toward a full install.  I do wish it had happened a year ago before bops savagely tortured my 60g fat into submission.  RIP buddy and no that yellow light you see is not a light on the gates to PS heaven.

Level 23

in reply to RAMBONER

BLOPS did a Pre-caching of files (reading them into memory before the game started) so it actually had a better design than say MW2 and MW3 where the drive is in constant use all during gameplay.

It was probably MW2 that raped your Blu-Ray.   lol

Level 24

in reply to sstang1

I started playing halfway through bops.....It just used to hard freeze fairly often and I would have to manually power it down.  Eventually it froze and when I powered it down and back up it just beeped at me and winked with its lille yellow smile.  Could have been my PS but i am blaming bops

Funny thing though I have went back to bops the last couple weeks and have had a couple of freezes while playing.  For all of its problems that is something that never happend to me once in MW3. 

Level 23

in reply to RAMBONER

I had the hard freezes at first but I thought that was patched - don't think I had one later on in BO's life.

I much prefer MW3 to BLOPS and was surprised to see more people going back and playing the old game.

Level 24

in reply to RAMBONER

i here ya on the wife issue.  never done the midnight release but thought to try it this time. 

Level 7

in reply to RAMBONER

You mean you didn't save up money for most of MW3's lifespan and book her a week's holiday with spa?

I've let my lady out every week (upon request, relieved from all child duties), ok-ed many girlie holidays, had all the film, food and family choices her way and now I've got some evening freedom license in November!

Yeah baby!

Level 34

in reply to RobbieRocket

Robbie loves it when a plan comes together, haha (Quote the A-Team)

Level 7

in reply to wec2010

..and when I was growing-up, guess which A-team character I was...

Hannibal!

Level 34

Studios