The final insult (probation!)

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

The final insult (probation!)

Hi all

I am really just venting today, as I find myself with 5 minutes with which to vent.

I live in the good old UK, where ISP services are at best awful, and at worst very unreliable.  Sadly, my ISP has just been changed to one that is having some connectivity issues (namely that it constantly disconnects me randomly).

the result of this has been me being chucked out of matches through no fault of my own.  Very frustrating indeed.

Would you care to guess my reaction when this game decides that the best way to sooth my already fried nerves is to place my account on Probation!!!!!!!

What a stupid stupid idea.  I appreciate that the minority of players may not like to stay till the end.  Whilst I dont like it either when that occurs, to villify those of us simply suffering with genuine connection issues is just absurd.

Come on guys (@game developers) - innocent until proven guilty and all that.  Don't be so bloody stupid!

Happy to share during my five minutes of probation, and wondered if I was the only one with this issue.....

JJ

Level 1
10 REPLIES

Re: The final insult (probation!)

in reply to Jjcodex

Good post, I believe what you write because you mention that your Internet service is not very good (which is fine) and because of it you get kicked allot which has landed you with a 5 minute probation warning.

What search preference are you using when looking for a game? Any, normal or best?

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Hiya, - I am using the standard search preference to be fair, as the problem I have is with the ISP.  As such, it doesnt matter about the quality of the match - when it decides to drop, it drops!  Never a dull moment!

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to Jjcodex

The probation thing is a little much. I understand what they're trying to do, but when the game constantly kicks you off, loses connection with host, migrates host, and lags so much it makes us rage, can they differentiate between someone constantly backing out or being kicked b/c of the crappy connection? Several times while playing I have been signed out of the PS network for some unknown reason. I can play MW3 for hours without this happening...

Level 5

in reply to ehess001

I play for hours on most nights and have never received probation due to getting kicked out of matches due to connection. I never rage quit because I know this is only a game. And if you are being signed out of the PSN, there is probably a problem with your connection somewhere.

Level 40

in reply to Jjcodex

Dont leave then easy

Level 7

in reply to ProSnipes123021

maybe u didnt care to read his post he said his connection is not good so it keeps kicking him out of games, its not like he wants to leave

Level 24

in reply to iEXTERMINATED

Well i always get kicked out and i never get one. Wierd

Level 7

enjoy it casuse karma will be here soon

Level 24

'PRO'Snipes12302....did you not read the post? At least leave constructive comments....

I have recently been subject to a probation for 'quitting' early. Im fond of hardcore KC. And on some occasions I get kicked through accidental team killing. (though walls, launchers and nades. Those who play HC will know its easily done. Well add the kicked from games and server disconnections I am on probation more frequently... It sucks but I cant see how they would change it now. I mean the money in already in their pocket and 250,000 average players constantly play day on day out. It works for them.

Level 2

Studios