The R870 was the only real decent Core shotgun.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: The R870 was the only real decent Core shotgun.

in reply to skotchii

The 870 is pretty much all I've used, still working on gold on that.  S12 was the first shotgun I used, and OHKs seemed pretty rare.  It's not a big deal being a semi (other than unlocking camos, yikes!).  I stayed away from shotguns after using the s12 a couple matches, but grabbed an 870 by mistake one day.  I liked it quite a bit.  After gold on the 870, gonna try the KSG next.

Level 29
Highlighted

in reply to skotchii

don't see why using another shotgun is the answer why should they nerf 1 to the point that it's useless just for people to use a different 1 that's better,that just doesn't make any sense to me why would you nerf 1 to the point than no1 will use it to play with another 1 that is better anyway.

that's like saying the next shotgun in line is overpowered if the 1 that got nerfed is now not the best or still as good as the next 1.

they need to put it back the way it was if any other shotgun will get picked over it what was the point in the nerf in the 1st place.

Level 11

in reply to skotchii

Nobody uses the S12 because the range is very short which makes the gun pretty bad. Half the time you can sit there and shoot at someone with the crosshairs right on them and hit nothing but air.

Level 1

in reply to SIimebaII

Yeah getting OHKs are pretty much impossible, but you can spam out like 4-5 shots really fast, the R870 gets more OHKs but if it doesnt your pretty much skrewed.

Level 1

in reply to urbanevirtuoso

I started out playing shooter games on SOCOM and began playing COD when Black Ops came out. I have always enjoyed using the shotguns in shooter games but they have always been a gimmick kill. Not a gun that you would use when you were trying to play seriously and put up good scores, The R870 MCS was the first viable shotgun that have I used on COD between Black Ops, MW3, and Black Ops 2. It was the only shotgun I could pull ever pull out in a serious game and be able to keep up with the SMG's and assault rifles even at a shorter range. Yes, it was a good gun but with it's own limitations such as a slow fire rate, limited range (even before the patch) and a bit bulky for run speed, I used it for several hours of gameplay last night and it is no longer a decent weapon. The roughly three and a half feet of decreased range makes a HUGE impact on the effectiveness of the gun. It is now once again a gimmick weapon on COD .

My hope is that as time goes on they will understand the mistake that has been made in nerfing the R870 MCS and return it to a usable weapon. I will for now be forced to join in with the spray and pray SMG guys when I plan on engaging in CQB on COD in order to try to keep up. Here is to hoping you realize the error you have made in nerfing the only usable shotgun and changing it back to it's original form.

Level 1

So I've played online games since, 94 or 95. Alot of what i look for is the community organizations, and all-around competitiveness, along with a strong system to play on. The lag issues in this game, I think will get sorted eventually because this affects alot of people - but i feel shotgun users might get overlooked because we're a much smaller group.

Never in a game, have i used a shotgun as effective weapon, no a top weapon really. Im pretty good at making it effective even though its really a joke option for serious players in most shooters. This one could actually stand against the AR and SMG guys that were getting up to 40 and 50 kills game. Its fucking annoying as hell that just because they find themselves getting owned by a shotgun for a change that it gets such a huge range reduction. Im not saying maybe it wasnt a little powerful, but come on 45ft? how about 20ft or 25ft reduction? I really hope treyarch considers this for their next patch, as it stands now, its barely the same gun.

God forbid we have one powerful alternative to quick scoping, SMGs and AR.

Level 1

in reply to Knockers

It was 45 inches, not feet.  I played a few matches with it last night, before I read the patch notes this morning.  It was a noticable difference, not only on range, but I wasn't getting the OHK from the 8-10 meter range either.  This was just a couple matches, and lag may have been the culprit for not getting these kills, but normally that range on target was a OHK.  At up close range, it still smokes SMG sprayers more often than not.  I really don't think they needed to adjust this gun at all.  It's a pump shotgun, it's supposed to be powerful since you only get ONE shot in a face to face.  It seems to still be a decent weapon imo.

Level 29

in reply to Highwayman0226

lol right i knew that looked weird when i wrote it. I could of sworn the put ft in the update here on the forums. My point still stands, I'd like them to recognize that they've disable the shotgun class as an effective mid range weapon, now if you're up against two guys, or one with a big enough clip, you pretty much automatically lose. It's annoying to have to stick to such small corridors and such to make the weapon effective, I was enjoying how you could actually run around head to head with SMG guys. Now they just consistantly backup and hold down the trigger, shotgun loses everytime now. not even a chance. Again Im not saying it wasnt a little over powered, but it was over nerfed.. dial the range reduction back by half would be a happy medium.

Level 1

It got nerfed just a tiny bit, it's just as annoying as it was before lol ;-) Same for the SMG's, the MSMC and PDW are still easy long shots. I'm surprised they didn't do anything to the Skorpion, that thing is way OP up close, and the recoil is high but all vertical so easy to control. This patch doesn't seem to do a lot, I wish they nerfed the R870 and the snipers way more.

Level 12

Studios