The R870 was the only real decent Core shotgun.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: The R870 was the only real decent Core shotgun.

in reply to fearless_fred

As opposed to the run and gunner weapon of choice, the SMG?  The only difference is you shoot fast with the SMG, get lots of bullets and unlimited range.  The pump shotty, you get 1 shot in a face to face...if it doesn't kill, you die.

Level 29

in reply to fearless_fred

I loled at "half way across the map".  This 870 has the shortest one shot kill range of any pump shotgun IN ALL OF COD HISTORY.  I'm not even kidding.  Aiming down sight with the long barrel this shotgun can reliably get 10-11 meter one shot kills in an actual online game.  That is tied for the lowest with the world at war trench gun without stopping power or steady aim. This 870 is bad.

You want to know what noob guns really are?  They are fully automatic, high fire rate, low recoil weapons with infinite range.  They take no map navigation to use, you don't need first shot accuracy, and you don't need to worry if your bad aim makes you miss a couple of shots in a fight because the next one is coming in less than .07 seconds as opposed to the 870's .75 seconds per shot and that is if you know how to time it perfectly.

You have never used the 870.

Level 4

in reply to urbanevirtuoso

I'm glad they nerfed this thing. That shotgun is a conection based weapon so only players with a good connection to the game can use it. I tryed and could never, ever get one shots with it. Yet players going around with 4 bars drop me in one shot without even trying. So again I'm happy this POS shotgun was nerfed. If half the community can't use than no one should be able to.

Level 25

in reply to semperfi550

All weapons have a learning curve to get used to, even with lag present. To say things should be nerfed because you can't take the commitment to using them is asinine.

In fact, it's definitely easier to get CQC kills by spraying with an SMG than aiming with a Shotgun. It's a universal happening right now, so get those priorities straight.

Level 20

I don't think this really needed nerfing, but it's not too bad now.

I've now got this gold, and second prestige so don't really mind.

The KSG is a decent shotgun if you want an alternative. You have to make more of an effort to aim it than the Remington.

I hated it at first, but with the right class set up this thing is awesome!

Level 8

I knew it was coming,thank God I spent the night getting the gold cammo for it! I have yet to play post patch,but I imagine the 10 blood thirsty medals would be even tougher after a nerf.This gun was alot of fun to use,hopefully it isnt garbage now.

Level 1
Highlighted

i loved this game till patch 1.04 came out i only really use shotguns & smgs and they both play horrible now.

the R870 MCS was my favourite gun in the game now there's nothing left for me,i said i would never buy an infinity ward game again after how bad all the guns was in that game,now i think i'm finished with cod all together now.

just been using this gun for the 1st time since the patch and it's absolutely useless now,i've been getting nothing but hitmarkers even with long barrel this gun has lost it's kick it was perfect the way it was it's a pump action it needs to be put back the way it was because you don't get chance to get 2 shot's off,and the range well i can p**s further than it can shoot now.

is there anything all us that loved this gun can do to get treyarch to put it back the way it's was and deserves to be.

and to think i went through all the challenges for all the shotguns to get the diamond camo for this gun and now i feel it was just a waste of time the annoying part was playing with the KSG because that was a horrible shotgun.

how did all the people who got this gun nerfed get listened to by treyarch because we need them to listen to us and put it back how it was.

Level 11

in reply to SUM1SLY83

They listened to the 3 noobs in this thread who got owned by them and nerfed it. Its their fault

Level 7

KSG is the way now u_U

Level 10

Actually, the s12 is really good with extended clip and fast mag, I never really see people use it but its definitely good.

Level 1

Studios