The R870 was the only real decent Core shotgun.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: The R870 was the only real decent Core shotgun.

in reply to thenerdon1

and lol to this sniper shotgun guy.. have you used a sniper rifle before son? dey hava schope! wheee

Level 1

in reply to urbanevirtuoso

are you fucking serious? they listened to all the scrub machine gun guys bitching about the 870 and fucked it up? good fuckingt job. i really liked this game to start with, the new 10 point system and all is good, shotguns that didnt lick balls. my only gripe was smg recoil/spray or lack there of, if anything needed nerfing it was smg. now i struggle to get a game where i can actually get a hgit on someone even tho i have a 4 bar connection.... get 2-3 shots off with s12 (going for diamond sg's :/) and then get killed only to watch the kill cam of me running at him and standing there firing NOTHING AT ALL. i was just gonna spend the night in playing some bobs2, save some money. but after 5 games of thisd BS im fucking over it. think i'll just hit the pub

Level 3

in reply to tascore

Holy fuck, the range on BO2 shotguns was already worse than in any other CoD and they decide to nerf it more? What use does a shotgun have now other than sitting in doorways and waiting for someone to get in touching distance to kill them, and thats after decking the gun out with 2 attachments,

What other gun needs so many attachments to actually do well with? Not a gun you should be NERFING. thats what.

Level 10

This is not a big deal actually. They reduced the one hit kill range in 45 inches... thats 1,15m only...
It still has a decend range 

Level 4

This bullshit man. I cannot get jiggy with this shit. 8000 kills with the R870 and I enjoyed every single kill. I am a shotgun player primarily since the end of black ops 1 life cycle. My style: balls to the wall lightweight extreme conditioning toughnessr870 action. I've tried it since the new patch I get into similar situations, flanking and what not, but gun on gun action I am getting PLAYED. THEY SEE ME, AND BACK UP... EASY KILL. FUGGIN SUX AFTER getting used to playing with my blood diamond R870 and dominating FFA. I'M GOING TO MISS THE OLD DAYS. It's like the the Dark Ages of CoD is looming over us. It's a pump action Vahn. The range was imperative in my eradication of the terrorists. You gave into their demands and now the community will be the same ho hum SMG lobby. In any given lobby, 90% of the time I was the only shotgun player. 3days gametime. R.I.P Blood Diamond R870. It's been real. Sunrise 11-15-12. Sunset 12-7-12.

PS I hope your community is fuggin happy. Terrorists.

(Excuse the language, but I woke up this morning and this shit storm just sprung up on me, terrorist)

Level 1

I cant believe they listened to the three 870 overpowered dumb**s crew. I used it a few times and it wasnt that good. The perfect map for it was hijacked. Some of these people probably got owned by it there and came here to complain

Level 7

they got alot right in the patch but this is just stupid.  The gun wasn't OP, it was just good.  Lots of good guns in the game and none of them got a nerf. 

Essentially they just took the shotgun class out of the game.  the other 3 were worthless to begin with. 

Its almost like they want you to use an SMG.

Level 1

Yup... Unfortunately Treyarch listened to the minority of n00bs that came on here raging because they got owned by it. -_-

Level 1

Blame the person who discover diamond camo and how he said to get you need gold for all the gun class. And what did find easiest to get gold yep so now everyone want a diamond R870

Level 17

Whaa Whaa Please there are still folks running around getting OHK from halfway across the map and never even dying.  Noobguns are handicaps for the players who can't aim.  Just run around keeping your sights in the middle and hit Fire.  I picked one up once when I ran out of ammo and went 12-0 never touched one again.  Felt dirty using it.

Level 4

Studios