The R870 was the only real decent Core shotgun.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

The R870 was the only real decent Core shotgun.

Then you nerf it -- for shame, 3arc. This pandering is poison.

Level 20
38 REPLIES

Re: The R870 was the only real decent Core shotgun.

in reply to urbanevirtuoso

Now, that's a piece of crap like the others...

Welcome to the Treyarch world where everybody use assault riffle all day every day.

Level 1

in reply to drgrincheux

drgrincheux wrote:

Now, that's a piece of crap like the others...

Welcome to the Treyarch world where everybody use submachine guns all day every day.

Fixed.

Level 8
Highlighted

i loved this gun it worked how it should not used it though since the patch hope they didn't make it suck.

Level 11

Actually it was about time to nerf this goddamn shotgun. I'm pissed off as well that the whole game concentrates on SMGs. Every single SMG was and still is overpowered.

Try to play "fast" (not camping, just moving) with an AR. It's impossible, because even with the M8A1 you need about three bursts to kill a guy who's next to you.

AR +

SMG -

Remington - (seriously, the weapon had a sniper-range for one-shot-kills)

Well, that's MY opinion.

Level 2

in reply to thenerdon1

Woah shocker here, 1st game after WAW that ain't favoring ARs over SMGs?

Level 1

in reply to thenerdon1

The Remington had sniper range? Let's see you try hit the real snipers across Meltdown with it, then.

Nevertheless, the nerf on SMGs had merit to it indeed. The only real issue I found with them before was the crazy-good hipfire, and that was dealt with accordingly.

Level 20

in reply to thenerdon1

so you think by nerfing a good gun to make it suck is the answer ? would a better answer be to buff the guns that suck and make them as good as the other guns ?

i know i would prefer all the guns to work well than for them to all suck.

don't get butt hurt when you camp an get owned with an SMG or SHOTGUN while your sat in a room with to claymores and shock charges on each door.

the people that run should have better fire power than the campers because they take more risks,what you going to do when all the run & gun guns suck and everyone starts to camp it would be pretty boring to sit in a corner waiting for someone to move.

cod is not a real shooting simulator it's suppose to be an arcade shooter,it's suppose to be fast paced.

Level 11

in reply to thenerdon1

all you dicks going on about "sniper range" are fucking retarded. did you even use it? with long barrel it was ok, without it was a struggle. even with long barrel the range was 15m, how is that sniper range? it could take 3+ hits at that range, think how long that takes with a pump action ffs

Level 3

in reply to thenerdon1

The R870 already had the lowest one shot kill range of any pump action in cod history.  The WAW trench gun wothut stopping power or steady aim could one shot kill FROM THE HIP and kill at abuot the same range as this 870 aiming down sight with the longbarrel attached. 

This 870 can At maximum one shot kill out to 12.5 meters while ads with longbarrel.  In a real online match with lag that range is cut to 10-11 meters.  To put this in perspective the mw2 spas with Sp and SA could one shot in an actual game out to 17 meters.  And the mw3 spas with damage could reliably kill from the hip with steady aim out to 15 meters in a real game and out to near 16.5 in splitscreen testing.

Your opinion is wrong

Level 4

Studios