The Quitter!

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: The Quitter!

in reply to Izjar11

I have quit about 95% of games in the last two days. I will also continue to do it.

The game has been unplayable for me the last two days. I have been on to my service provider, re-connected all leads, changed settings on router(and changed them back). It is still the exact same.

I have complained about connection before but it has been nothing in comparison to what it is like at the moment. I will xmb out of all crappy connection games.

I will continue to do this. There are many reasons for quitting, lots of them have nothing to do with being beaten by other players.

Level 9

in reply to onlyzeone1

onlyzeone wrote:

I have quit about 95% of games in the last two days. I will also continue to do it.

The game has been unplayable for me the last two days. I have been on to my service provider, re-connected all leads, changed settings on router(and changed them back). It is still the exact same.

I have complained about connection before but it has been nothing in comparison to what it is like at the moment. I will xmb out of all crappy connection games.

I will continue to do this. There are many reasons for quitting, lots of them have nothing to do with being beaten by other players.

nothing personal vs you but I hope the system bans you for longer periods.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Nope, all I do is reset timer, fiddle with router, try something new, then switch to a league game. When that connection is still pathetic I'll quit that. Probation is now up on ordinary games, so I'll try that again. If connection crap, I'll quit that, probation, back to league.

I will not sit out a game or keep playing a game where everything freezes and judders along at different rates continuously. As I said, it has been like this for the last two days, before that I was enjoying myself.

Level 9

in reply to onlyzeone1

One thing different I have noticed is that I used to be in games where 11/12 players were on 4 bars.

Now only one third of the players have 4 bars in the lobbies I play. The rest vary between shite and pure shite

Level 9

in reply to onlyzeone1

onlyzeone wrote:

Nope, all I do is reset timer, fiddle with router, try something new, then switch to a league game. When that connection is still pathetic I'll quit that. Probation is now up on ordinary games, so I'll try that again. If connection crap, I'll quit that, probation, back to league.

I will not sit out a game or keep playing a game where everything freezes and judders along at different rates continuously. As I said, it has been like this for the last two days, before that I was enjoying myself.

Again, nothing vs you at all you seem to be a stand up guy. But I have 0 tolerance for quitters, its only a video game, nothing is real nor valued. Staying in the match, (even when things aren't as you want) is and should be normal!

Put it this way, we all deal with something, anything not all of us QUIT out of a mood.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

I am trying to fix whatever is to blame for this.

I would not say I quit out of a mood, if the connection is bad enough I will quit, whether I am winning or losing.

I know what you are saying but I don't agree with you on this.

Level 9

in reply to onlyzeone1

95%?

That's a high percentage. I hope that's only for an hours worth of attempted game play. If it's for multiple hours on any given day, might I suggest some MW3.

When I play BO2 for a bit, say 10 matches tops, and I can't get in a good match to save my life; I switch to MW3 and enjoy the pace and generally do well. I find some 2v2 or 3v3 a welcomed change of pace from the constant explosions and gunfire etc.

Level 8

in reply to MrZombieClowns1

That would be the logical thing to do, I'm just a dog with a bone when things go bad.

I have had bad connection before, every time I play there are going to be some games in which the connection is awful but this continuos issue is leading me to believe the problem is on my side and I am trying everything available to try and solve it, to no avail so far.

Level 9

in reply to onlyzeone1

I used to believe the problem could be on my side as well. I discovered a bit of line noise in one of my cable lines years ago. I went out and replaced everything (cable and Internet related) in my home. New coaxial cabling, amplifier, splitter, modem, router, cat5 cabling, Filters etc. Dedicated one line (un-amplified) strictly for the modem. Of course, I also optimized all the router settings every which way.

I spent a decent chunk of change. I believed I would have awesome Internet after all these changes.

I didn't.

Another tidbit to remember. This whole online gaming thing is still in its infancy. It will get better.

Level 8

in reply to MrZombieClowns1

Lol, yeah, you sound like me now.

Online gaming will get better?..... mmmm.... hopefully is all I can say. My biggest problem with that statement(not you), is that it used to be better.

Level 9

Studios