Temp Fix for PS3 Multiplayer "Server Error"

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Temp Fix for PS3 Multiplayer "Server Error"

Create a new PSN account and you should be able to play multiplayer.

I know it is not a long term fix but it works for now.

I was playing PS3 multiplayer 4am eastern time, got disconnected and still cannot reconnect.

I created a new PSN account and can play.

I believe that many of our PSN accounts got corrupted.

Just my 2 cents

BangBuck
31 REPLIES

Re: Temp Fix for PS3 Multiplayer "Server Error"

in reply to BangBuck

The account theory sounds plausible, I have tried to matchmake on two consoles and have had no success. Could ranks or stats be lost?

sheffieldgamer

in reply to BangBuck

Thats my thought as well. I can log in with other accounts. Our accounts may have been banned for freeze ups. Who knows and it doesn't seem like anyone is offering a solution.

WRECKU

in reply to BangBuck

I think its possible not that our accounts are corrupted but their new banning system....banned most people.

Though it is also possible that storage on their side got screwed up and they lost the linked data to our accounts. Before i lost my ability to connect I lost 5 items and didnt have the corresponding unlock tokens.

Uelegy1
Highlighted

in reply to BangBuck

We need to keep this thread and the other one at the top of the page so the devs see it.  I think you guys are onto something.  Would explain why its only happening to certain people while their friends are on.  For some reason our accounts have become corrupted, accidentally banned etc.

RAMBONER

in reply to RAMBONER

hm maybe been accidently banned but i dont know, there is ALOT of people saying they can't get in a game... I highly doubt everyone is banned

ShizzIe

in reply to BangBuck

So if we are banned, question is why ?

Darkmage90

in reply to BangBuck

until you leave the game you joined and that new account will become unuseable

salokinsue1

in reply to BangBuck

the only thing is do you think this could happen with the new account ive been playing on a different account but i had so much unlocked its really pissed me off but what can we do dont look like anythings gonna be done about it :/

codplaya2013

in reply to BangBuck

It is strange how our accounts are the ones that for some reason are selectively unable to acess the online features. But really I don't feel like making another account toplay when I am so far into it on my current account. I just hioe that whatever is wrong gets fixed soon.

Fluntex

Studios