Target finders

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Target finders

in reply to RAMBONER

Being campy is, like a sniper, really what a LMG is good for. People can use it how they want, but it IS usually meant for slower moving or even stationary defensive/support fire in holding an objective, choke points, etc and not for running and gunning. The Target Finder merely helps enhance that style of gameplay.

While I don't condone just sitting in a random corner or anything, if the location is more strategic, like the 2nd floors of the houses/buildings in Standoff (or the long, open street to the back of the center house) for instance, I don't have a problem with LMG/Target Finder players there because it's utilizing the strengths of both in the most effective way they can, much like how SMG users with Lightweight/Quickdraw/Fast Mags/etc are utilizing the strengths of the SMG in quickly closing the distance and hitting people up closer.

Level 24

in reply to Gerbera

Yaa...well honestly I am not quite sure why I replied in this thread as I kind of indiferrent to them.  Someone hiding in a window with one is only going to kill me one time before I evacuate them when I respawn anyway and if the timing of them killing me is bad, like I am on a good run,  then I will bitch about it and move on....haa....not much different then someone ending my run with a HC drone, Lightning strike, Bouncing betty etc. .....etc.....etc.....they are all garbage since they ended my run.

Where it changes is the guy hiding ADSed prone and in the bushes clear away from the objective who kills me with it.  In that instance the TF assisted him in getting kills and he wasnt "holding down a choke point" or "defending the objective" but merely waiting for a kill. 

Level 23

in reply to RAMBONER

RAMBONER wrote:

...Throughout getting diamond LMGs I must have had thousands of kills with the TF and I can honestly say a HUGE percentage of those kills were guys I would not have seen without the TF. 

...the differnece being that it has a bigger impact and gives more advantage then the others IMO.......I couldnt care less if people use it or not since I can use it if I want to but on the argument that it is nooby I would have to agree.

Perfectly put. 

Level 1

in reply to blue8ball

Marksman (Pro) was perfectly fine. All that did was the name showing at longer distances and holding your breath longer.

Assassin (Pro) was stupid coupled with putting Blind Eye (Pro) in a separate Tier.

Level 24

in reply to blue8ball

To those who do not use it, i bet you ignor the red dots that appear on the little map when your team has UAV.

It's interesting how people react to a type of play that doesn't fit their individual molds.

Snipers to smg users!! Camping!! Shotgunners!! Etc.

Usually ends up in a forum like this as whining.

Game was designed for all types of play and skill sets.

I offer a suggestion....

Pick a class that you feel is the most dominating and you will have multiple replies with either their own dominating class or someone who could use your class against you.

2 absolutes when playing

1) there is always someone better than you

2) death is inevitable

Level 1

in reply to GunFreak2012

Well said.

Unfortunately, there are too many delicate egos who are unable or unwilling to accept those absolutes.

Level 15

in reply to blue8ball

Use cold blooded or use emp grenade. Stop complaining and get good at the game. If you can't handle it then sell your game.

Level 30

in reply to blue8ball

Seriously guys there's nothing wrong with the TF....it's the people that use it for trolling purposes and/or cheap camping tactics to piss people off.

It's the same as a flash bang...there's nothing wrong with it when used tactfully right!?

But when some homo is throwin around like an Ahole in HC it becomes a huge ordeal

Level 19
Highlighted

in reply to blue8ball

I think the TF is a good attachment and isn't OP, normally I'd spot the person anyway, this just makes it a tiny bit easier.

Its a cool and balanced attachment.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to blue8ball

nope, i run around with the balistic knife anyways lol

Level 8

Studios