Target finder

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Target finder

in reply to Ghamorra

Make a custom game, turn off the bots, and set up your custom classes with one gun, and each of the different sights.

Find a nice spot with a clean wall with obvious points of reference (bricks, a doorframe, etc).

Using each class, from exactly the same distance, ADS and fire at a specific spot on the wall. Repeat multiple times, taking note of the recoil pattern for each sight.

Compare the results from each of the classes.

Then come back and we'll talk.

Level 15

in reply to Mojo332

Good day guys,

Maybe your right, Target Finder might be overpower but since i paid for the game and i have

2 jobs,house,wife etc..... i may don't have time like you to play and get good.

Playing with it helps me a lot,

so i use it and i like it, and i don't finish the games too frustrated.

When you only play a couple hours 3 or 4 days a week and you get killed every seconds in a game.

Than you try to find sometime legit to help improve your score, no ?

Take care guys......

Level 3

in reply to Ghamorra

also this type of sight should be limited to long guns/heavy guns. I can only imagine how stupidly overpowered this thing is on a SMG.  Throw a stock on there and turn faster even.

You are right, people claim it has a downside however I don't think it reduces the peripheral that much.  I think the downsides are more of something that can be read off in the description to try and legitimiize or balance this attachment out. As opposed to something that actually negatively affects gameplay.

Level 5

in reply to Ghamorra

ghamorra wrote:

People say it has a downside, what downside? Limited periphrials? The ACOG takes up just as much screen, the RDS has no optical zoom whereas the TF has at least 1.5x zoom and limits recoil (this is true, I don't care what anyone says) where other scopes that increase zoom should also increase recoil

A dude in a post up above about LMGs said it best the TF promotes tunnel vision seriously you can sometimes stumble across 2-3 lined up like they're giving a 21 gun salute.

I loved the target finder but something about the way it boxes the screen when you ADS dis-courages movement even with an SMG you find yourself planting your feet, i'm not saying you can't rush 100% with the TF but it doesn't get the best results.

The ACOG is the opposite and encourages movement thats why people slapped them onto the MSR and just charged the map.

It's a dodgy situaition as people are complaining that they are dying while being aimed at. If the TF is increasing how many people are ADSing then it should be encouraged as sooner or later most will switch out to the better sights.

Level 21

in reply to Ghamorra

1. be more elusive... like you posted, the target finder itself doesnt kill you

2. use cold bloded jack ass, the diamond doesnt pop up if you use it

if your "so good" with the way your classes are set up now then i guess your just gonna have to deal with it. change some shit and you wont have to worry about it.

i use the target finder on the swat and fuck people over all the tim but thats there own fault they make ways to get around it for a reason if you dont use them its your own problem

Level 1

in reply to KillerDave115

KillerDave115 wrote:

1. be more elusive... like you posted, the target finder itself doesnt kill you

2. use cold bloded jack ass, the diamond doesnt pop up if you use it

So you're telling me that I should have to equip a perk just so I don't have a red diamond. Well jack ass I find that to be a little excessive considering

1) Cold Blooded only protects you from 2 things: Dual Band and TF
2) It only protects you from half of TF effects

Level 75

in reply to Mojo332

Take a LMG with TF and Flak Jacket and stay on that camp spot on Carrier. Tell me then if you don't think its OP.

Level 10

in reply to splyke

A counter to the target finder: Cold Blooded. The red-crosshair argument was strictly aimed towards hip-firing, and not the target finder. You won't show up as a huge red diamond on the sight. I think that's more than enough of a counter. If you're arguing that the crosshair on the target finder turns red, causing your death, then stop sitting dead in the middle of it. STRAFE; you have that option. YOU HAVE STOCK, for crying out loud. If you dislike using Cold Blooded and would rather use something more "useful", then that's your own fault.

Stop the crying and accept the fact that target finder is in the game and each and every one of us can use it freely if need be. I too have used it on LMGs and find it extremely useful, especially for defending certain points or clearing off high traffic areas and campers for my team, so that we can move forward. At the end of the day, though, the LMG is tough to run around with, even with specific perks. As a result, an LMG user is always vulnerable to something unless their enemy is not smart enough to try and flank or use tools to help kill the player.

Level 7

in reply to 740UKills1

i have to agree with you.. i dont knwo why the people who use the TF get so much crap for using it, when it can be countered.. i mean yeah its not the coolest kill cam view  but who cares..

poeple just make up any excuse to call something noob, if they see they are dieing by it

Level 15

in reply to splyke

I use the crap out of TF. Don't like it? Equip cold blooded then,instead of moaning on here. Seriously!! When are these people who moan about everything being overpowered going to realise that the tools i use in the game,are available to them? Its a level playing field you know!

Level 24

Studios