Summary of My BOPs2 Issues

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Summary of My BOPs2 Issues

I am sure everyone is having similar, if not the exact, issues, but I've yet to see a thread with exact problems that the PS3 gaming community is facing. Then again, I've hardly lurked these threads the past couple days, so for all I know, some of this may be a re-post.

• Lag - Not the average lag-compensation issues seen previously in MW3, but more of a one-shot-kill type of connection. I have not necessarily been shot 30 meters around corners as in MW3 also, but I have (And I have the vid in my vault) shot a motionless target 26 times out of my 36 round magazine (Vector) from ~10 meters out, only to be turned on and 1-shot'd again. I also received the hit-marker icon on my screen for the majority of these rounds fired. Also, other times I have the other end of the stick, resulting in near God-mode. This, of course, is about a 1% occurance, and only when I have 2 bars. Usually my issues arise when I have 3/4 bars.
  • Connectivity - I often (9/10) start a match and will freeze for approximately 5-10 seconds entirely, and for the following 10 seconds receive the connection interrupted icon. If I move, I am returned to my spawn location until an undetermined amount of time, usually no more than 5 seconds. Another issue concerning connectivity is the amount of times I am disconnected from a match and far more often freeze momentarily (and at times, entirely, resulting in a hard freeze) in the menus and during Champaign gameplay.

What I am curious is what other, if any, complaints/issues/lag other gamers are experiencing? Other than these issues, I would have to say this is my favorite CoD, yet. If I weren't 1-shot'd nearly every match, I probably wouldn't scream so much... haha.

Level 10
9 REPLIES

Re: Summary of My BOPs2 Issues

in reply to MR_OnyYX_

I agree the lag has been a great issue i've been experiencing.. I'm a very experienced player..and have been hindered of this constant issue.. if my ps3 isn't freezing. ha. ... I hate this stupid stuff. It's a decently made program, the lag compensation.. but honestly. .. i wish it was different.  cause they don't flippin die. lol.

Level 4

in reply to MR_OnyYX_

My issues

• Got the game
  • Paid about 90 US to get it to Jamaica
  • plugged it in, froze the ps3
  • kept trying to play, kept freezing
  • Ps3 now won't read black ops2, black ops 1, fifa 13 or any other blue ray disc
  • Ps3 now serves as an expensive black brick capable of surfing the internet at slow speeds
  • My ps3 is now a credit to bricks everywhere

on the plus side I have not experienced any lag, lag compensation or weapon imbalances....

take from that what you will 

Level 3

in reply to Vizionary2012

Well ffs. lol =\

Level 4

in reply to BowNaRRowYerMum

yeah count your lucky stars, it could be worse

Level 3

in reply to Vizionary2012

I'd have to say that either 1.) The reason you have yet to experiance lag is the fact you can't play, due to freezing (lol), or 2.) You currently reside in Jamaica, which would give you a lesser connection to the servers, therefore a better connection via Lag-Comp. One of the reasons I get killed by the first bullet.

Level 10

in reply to MR_OnyYX_

Oh no I was being facetious, my ps3 won't play any games whatseoever. As you suggested I have not experienced any lag because I can't play any games.

Level 3
Highlighted

in reply to MR_OnyYX_

Also, something I forgot to add...

This is the first time my W/L has been below a 3:1, and my K/D has been below a 2:1. I own CoD 4 through BOPs2.

Just had to say it, so everyone knows it's not my ability, just my playability.

Level 10

in reply to MR_OnyYX_

No I agree, my W/L usually is 10:1, I cant get mine above 5:1 on BLOPS2, and I NEVER rage quit for stats.. and usually am 2.5:1 K/D player.. I have struggled to keep my K/D up above 1.5 now, which is rediculous.

Level 4

in reply to MR_OnyYX_

Welp, that's all I figured I'd hear. Just wanted to make a quick thread before I hit the sack. Then go to bed... lol

Thanks for the input.

Level 10

Studios