Success rate of "report player function in game"?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Success rate of "report player function in game"?

in reply to jeepchick

How many of these reports do not pan out to be a cheater/booster ect.I figure it has to a large number because of all the people in this thread alone that just report for high tac insertion or k/d or they just have a feeling a player cheated or just mad at the outcome of a  game or kill.I guess I'll start using tac insertion never used it before but I want to see if I would get reset/banned for using it once I get it  to a high number of uses.

Level 5

in reply to Algorndeanza

ok so you got banned in the first month of being on line.   i can understand that you have no life and play BO2 for hours on in.  Here is my question for you all and the prestige masters,  i have notice many of them are now dublicating a higher timeline prestige master but the thing i report is when i look at your guns and see you have 8 or 9 master weapons,  am i wrong in this or do you think in 10 days you can get 7 or 8 weapons master.

Level 1

in reply to Disiple73

i have 7 1/2 days gametime and i have 7, almost 8,  fully mastered weapons. so i think for somebody with 10 days is very plausible they have 7 or 8 fully mastered weapons. I am a prestige 8 lvl 50 and i will be PM before dlc hits. I am just like the rest here who researches stats before reporting PM's and i rarely report people but i have reported a few more than usual lately after the match because certain factors, such as knowing right when im coming around a corner with ghost on or the ones that come around shooting and can see you 2 seconds before you see them.

Level 2

in reply to cashmanjayc

make sure they dont have awareness on, they might have heard you come around a corner

Level 15

in reply to Err0r_6_

dead silence on to counteract any turtle beach or other gaming headset footstep pickup

Level 2

in reply to Disiple73

I'm a pretty below-average player - just 1.0 KD & sub-200 SPM. I have diamond camo on AR's & SMGs - and just got Gold on 2 of the Snipers (Ballista & DSR). I got Prestige-Master after 12+ days of game-play time (this is the one that's shown in-game - not the number of days I have had the game).

So, it is entirely possible to level-up as many as 15 to 20 weapons (all 9 ARs, 6 SMGs - and 1 or 2 Snipers/Shotguns = 15+ easy) - I mean, IF I COULD DO IT - it must be really easy.

So, please don't base your opinion simply on the number of guns mastered. Please DO REPORT - though (when you are sure the player has cheated/glitched/boosted, etc).

MN

Level 11

in reply to dubhicks

Welcome to DoWhatEverTheHellYouWantArch

Level 5

in reply to dubhicks

Lots of people have been banned. Someone had the right idea that simply because your slice of cheats aren't handled doesn't mean they all are.

Also be sure to inform every lobby that you can, after encountering a cheater in that lobby, to report said encountered cheaters also.

Foxhound-Pro | Chief Forum Moderator

Black Ops, Modern Warfare 3, & Black Ops II

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

I report everyone with suspicious stats, that have obviously boosted and/or copied accounts, but i do check all their gun ratios to make sure they're boosters. People with k/d ratios of 5+ with pretty much all kills on that gun as headshots are obvious boosters. I think they should crack down more on these cheaters that exploit any glitch in the game, or just simply boost.

Do you guys think that they actually check each person to make sure they're cheaters? I just ask, because no doubt people have reported me for boosting/cheating, simply because i have a high k/d ratio. I have a 3.38 k/d, with many guns over 3.5 and my SMR is on about 4.0. I've heard people in the lobby saying to their party members 'look at Iifestream's k/d, yeah right, no way...' etc... so no doubt i've been reported a few times, although i've never boosted or cheated in anyway ever. I never use the tac insertion, and rarely play with friends.

Level 1

in reply to Iifestream

lifestream,

Cases like yours are exactly why I posted in a previous thread that we should NOT be reporting people without doing some basic checking.  Accusing innocent people without proof is worse than letting a guilty hacker/booster slip through.  Some people ARE good enough to have a 3 or 4 KDR, and I know because I have played with them. 

A check of the Combat Record can tell you a lot, however;

- A ridiculously high accuracy on automatic weapons such as LMGS, like 50%, with a headshot ratio that is about the same...hmmm

- An unusually high number of Tac Inserts, for some reason a lot of them have around 1500...

- KDR that is over double what they had in MW3

- A weekly SPM in the lobby that is a pathetic fraction of what their all-time one is

While some players use TI as a legit tactic, when you see it as a symptom among the others, it is pretty telling that someone was doing some boosting along the way to at least the original Master Prestige that was copied.

Level 12

Studios