Success rate of "report player function in game"?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Success rate of "report player function in game"?

in reply to Err0r_6_

Oh yes I report everyone who has suspicious looking stats in combination with too many tact insert usages...

But the point is people are complaining nothing is being done about it, which simply is not the case.

Even plugging the "copy glitch" will not stop people from having erroneous stats.  Anyone can boost their way to any level they want without doing the glitch (people seem to not understand that someone who has done the glitch had to copy it from somewhere...)

Activision Ambassador

and really you can even tell by game play if they are legit or not.. i mean a real master prestige is not going negative by noobs or random players.. they should have enough experience in the game to be able to hold their own

Level 15

I'm not trying to portray that they are doing nothing at all. I have only my records to go by, and as of right now, well not so much. I have 3 prestige 12 guys with less than 5 days played and no gold trophy for prestiging just playing and playing. They seem to always be signed in lol.

Level 10

in reply to dubhicks

Like with every function that's handled by any business (especially those managed professionally & funded by Venture-Capitalists) - the department that handles the reports has to have some "metric" to quantify the work they do.

This metric will be created & shared to higher management - possibly every week or month. This metric-report is what, I'd think, should be released to public. It will put a lot of faith into 3arch/AV - but I don't think they're going to do that.

I mean - just look at the Global Leaderboards. Almost every single one of those (including in MW3) - the top 50 or 100 - you can see those players are all showing up with incredible stats (SPM in the range of 50,000 - seriously).

I just got Prestige-Master last night - and the first thing I did - hit the "Delete" button on similar "friends" (cheaters, glitchers, etc - so I can track if any action was taken) I had added. I've not seen any action taken against players I reported (some I track on Elite too).

Now that I got my PM - I'm 90% done with this game. I've just started the campaign - so that should be the last of it.

MN

Level 11

in reply to mn7_la1

@mn7: congratulations on doing "Prestige Master" the hard way

Level 31

in reply to BanHaMMer2

@ Ban,

Thank you !!

I had fun.. given my SPM is <200 - and KDR is just above 1.0 - I was, thankfully, rarely ever paired against the 400+ or 500+ SPM players.

It's what, I think, really helped me thru the the 12+ days of game-play time

MN

Level 11

in reply to mn7_la1

Unfortunately the only metric that matters to these types of business is Sales.  I doubt that lag comp/ hacked-glitched leaderboards are discussed at a board level.

Proof of this is how despite all the issues, Treyarchs communications are about DLC etc, because that's all about sales.  The key players at Treyarch have to answer to their paymasters, not about issues but how many units they sell.

Only if these problems with Black Ops 2 affect sales will Activision/Treyarch take notice.

It would be nice to have some feedback from Treyarch as to what type of actions have been taken, I think some have been banned, but don't think this is their top priority, that would be DLC Sales.

Level 20

in reply to WolfRidge

Fact: The "only priority" for *every* business venture is profits.

What 90% of businesses realize is that they can turn up consistent & repeat-profits by ensuring they meet & exceed customer expectations. And that is where these report-metrics reside. If they want to stop the loss of customers - they'd do this.

The real question is: The 100's or 1000's of users that read/post on this forum - do we constitute the majority of the gamers? I think, unfortunately, we don't. The "silent majority" - are still buying into what 3arch/AV sell. And, as long as that is the case, we can be assured there'd by little to no progress to the issues (related to reporting) we highlight.

My $0.02.

MN

Level 11
Highlighted

in reply to mn7_la1

Yeah agree, well said, I don't know what the majority think about the game? Using an unscientific poll of my friends list, Only a few play any more and will not buy any DLC.

If this was my first COD game, maybe I would think it was amazing, also if I was a new player and didn't visit the forums I may not even realise people were boosting.

Ignorance is Bliss....

Level 20

in reply to dubhicks

I'm curious to know how many legit prestige masters will get banned/reset from all this. You all know it's going to happen since 3arc/Activision will probably search for X data and then reset all of them en masse. I'm waiting for that madness to ensue.

Level 10

Studios