Stop Complaining about nerf(s)

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Stop Complaining about nerf(s)

in reply to Baseba11_K1NGZ

At least now i can count in how much hits i'm dead instead of instadeath (lag comp permitting obviously :V)

Level 10

They are, or rather were, overpowered. I like using assault rifles, and when an MP7 is on par with, oh say, my Type 25 with range and damage.. that's an issue.

Level 1

in reply to jRebel94

MP7 sucks at long range.

Level 20
Highlighted

They do a lot of math & modeling before they tune anything in-game; if they nerfed (or buffed) something it's because the numbers were showing that it was performing abnormally.

If you hang around in CoD circles long enough you'll hear that every single item in the game is overpowered.  And you'll hear someone else say everything needs buffed.  Nature of the game.

Level 26

I would like to see a CoD game that gets it right the first time...I mean seriously, can they not test it enough or run thousands of simulations to notice what may be overpowered?

Even just looking at the stats within the code, you should be able to notice a ridiculous fire rate, range, or recoil.

Level 6

Sounds like your favorite weapon got nerfed

Honestly, you can't even call it "nerf" because all of the tuned weapons are still effective.

Tuning aspects of a game is part of current and future gen titles/systems.

Fact is, many people in the cod or fps community in general frequently seek the "best" items.

When that happens, you get lobbies full of intervention snipers, or mp7, and now r870.

Each title has had atleast one item that has been overpowered and overused.

Tuning is a way to keep that from happening, and for people to enjoy all aspects of the game and not just one thing.

Level 2

It's stupid to nerf a gun becuase its stronger than others... sorry, but some weapons are just built better... although i may just feel this way cuz they screwed with my PDW =/

Level 1

Studios