Still not a debate - The CORE challenge

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Still not a debate - The CORE challenge

After seeing a fresh post in the HC challenge thread, I felt inspired to put a little something together and bring this thread some new life.  The match below was against a team that quite frankly I felt played very well.  This was the third match that I played in this lobby so I knew the other teams tendencies quite well.  They played aggressive on the B flag early and then they would go into lock down mode.  Sometimes they would be hiding in the grass.  Other times they would be just out of sight and around the corner but rest assured that they would always be within striking distance to defend their flags.  Basically they played exactly how you would wish your team would play.  Fortunately, for me my team also understood that if they didn't go hard on the B flag then we would not win.  So both teams traded off the B flag frequently early on.  I was doing fairly well kd wise but I couldn't get anything going streak wise because I'd drop a guy or two, turn the corner into their spawn and then get gunned down in mass.  So I decided to change up my tactics.  Instead of going into the lions den, I decided to start baiting out the less disciplined cubs.  You'll see me get a kill, back up, get another kill, back up and only pushing in once my teammates were finding success.  This tactic allowed me to get my streaks going and ultimately allowed me to pin them down long enough to ensure our victory.  I ran the Lightening Strike/VSAT/Lodestar combo and finished 26-10 with 7 caps and a 195-149 victory.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

I think we should rename the threads to the phx challenge.  I am not even sure I have a submission to the core challenge (I do to the HC).

Anyways, good game. It is always good to see someone going aggressively for the caps and defends still while achieving streaks and a victory.

Many talk the talk, but few walk the walk.

Activision Ambassador

I really thought that this challenge would have drawn more interest and it did good when it launched but the HC challenge seems to have beaten it in terms of long term participation.  I keep trying to keep it alive but it appears that nobody else is having any luck in Core.  Heck a couple of times I almost loaded up a gameplay where I got my butt beat by the other team just to get someone else's perspective up here.  Oh well, I'm sure that once the new title releases this thread will come alive again.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to upload for that one since I'm sticking with the PS3 this year and there's no theatre mode in Ghosts.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

Yep, well like I said.. A lot of people talk a lot of smack... but cannot put their money where their mouth is.  The challenges were spawned from a discussion (that recently got bumped btw), where people were saying how "easy" HC is.  I figured, why debate it all day? Why not celebrate people's achievements instead of just talking about them.

Not to totally disrespect them, but none of the people (to my recollection) who would talk about how well they do (C or HC) posted a submission to either.

You know what they say: "He who talks loud, often says nothing" (a little dig to get more submissions )

I will say this for sure, these challenges have brought out some of the best gameplay I have seen in a long time.  I have found them MUCH better than the 100+ gameplays that have cluttered Youtube (and it is fun to share with people who we chat with)

Activision Ambassador

I agree.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

so here's my reply to this thread.  60 or so kills in multiteam hardpoint.  i break down how i do it in the video.

swap the hellstorm out for the war machine and you;ve got my current set up.  everybody quits when i use anything from warthog up

Level 6

in reply to MCCOMINATOR1

Good Game, good comments… however it does not comply with the challenge.

For the challenge, only killstreaks above the VSAT count

Activision Ambassador

damn forgot about that.

i have a bunch of swarms on my channel but i usually curse quite a bit in my commentaries.  i'll see if any are clean enough to make the cut, or else i'll run lodestar, vtol, swarm again

Level 6

in reply to MCCOMINATOR1

here ya go.  teammates were not very good and didn't listen to me at all.  not sure if they were trying to weigh me down or what, but here's your streaks lodestar, vtol, swarm.  swarm accomplished almost nothing too.  if someone puts up a swarm and the enemies don't quit, run inside so they have to be outside folks.  that's how you do it

Level 6

in reply to MCCOMINATOR1

Nice gameplay and very good tips.  I had to laugh at your comment on the Swarm   It's so true that your teamates often won't push the enemy team outside for you.  That's something that I've never understood.  It's not like it isn't obvious where you are going to find them but so often you will see your teamates trying to spawn kill out in the open areas when the whole enemy team is huddled up inside a building.

Level 69

Studios