Stats Ruined Zombies!

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

Stats Ruined Zombies!

What's ruins the fun of games? Obsession over stats and ranking etc.

What did 3arch add into zombies? Bloody stats and ranking. Great.

Personally I don't give 2 craps about it, but I've noticed a huge change in the community, which in turn affects my enjoyment:

1. Huge player discrimination - people see low ranks and immediately quit out the lobby. How are new people supposed to get better if no one will play with them?!

2. Stat paranoia / over-obsession. - High ranks will often dashboard if they go down too much or too early, in order to protect their precious stats/rank.

3. The game/community has gone away from it's core roots of messing around and having fun with mates or randomers, to an extreme bunch of try hards with EXACT startegies/routines, constant rape training and often glitch abuse in order to "do the best" or "get high on the loserboards". Not to mention a lot of ragers.

The game isn't as innocent and therefore, fun, as it used to be

Level 9
17 REPLIES

Re: Stats Ruined Zombies!

in reply to Bloated-Monkey1

I just play zombies to play zombies, I don't care about ranks. People who do care about ranks..... don't. They're totally useless.

Level 1

What the hell? States made this game a HELL OF A LOT MORE FUN.

I always knew I was better than most zombie players and when this game came out I got my shotguns in less than a week.

I will never play with a freaking bone, crossbones, or a skull.

You mad?

Then get your stats up, stop going down so much, play a lot of games on your own, get a mic, and quit being a little b**ch whining and complaining on the internet about people not wanting to play with you because you suck donkey d*ck!

I play zombies to show that I'm better than whoever I'm playing with and I am happy that ranks have finally been introduced and I actually want more ranks like about 10 of them and I'll surely be content.

Level 5
Highlighted

in reply to AceTheDuke

"You mad?"

Please....please just go.

Level 17

in reply to AceTheDuke

Thank you for proving my point, you are exactly the sort of player I was describing.

FYI, I'm not a bad player, I got knife rank early on and have been that way since.

You say you play it to show everyone how great you are and that you'd never play with lower ranks.

Well this is exactly my point. More in depth stats and ranks has taken the mode away from what it used to be - a fun, jokey laugh where everyone is friends - into a serious grind like multiplayer, which attracts douchebags like you!

What's wrong with playing with lower ranks? I personally embrace the opportunity to take them to higher rounds. I'll be their guardian with quick revive and PaP ballistic knife.

If you're such an elitist douche that takes it so seriously, you're the one who should be playing privately, not ruining the fun of other normal people in public matches.

Level 9

in reply to AceTheDuke

Buddy, go play multiplayer with the rest of the as*holes. Zombies is a co-op game not a competition, if you don't understand that then you are an idiot.

Level 13

in reply to AceTheDuke

Wow dat guy must have no life. How can you get competitive in a game that you can't win.

Zombies is for fun. Goin down and die'n are all apart of it.

Sorry to tell ya bro but you think you and your shotties are skill?

Alls your doin is running around in circles. So congrats if your the best at running around in a circle.

You can have that title. If ya don't play for the fun of it then you shouldn't play at all.

Level 2

in reply to AceTheDuke

You sound like a pretentious douche......

Level 31

stats made zombies an even more frustrating game then it already was... not only do you have to deal with random box/raygun obsessed noobs that steal kills at every chance they get, but now they will ragequit as soon as they get their first down... honestly I only find zombies fun when I play with my irl friends now and we just play to play... too many noobs and elitist a$$holes that won't play with you unless you got shotguns...

Level 13

Ranks didn't ruin the game, it improved it for me. You're right with obsession over stats, but these are my Opinions of your points.

1. Players with similar KDR get thrown in to lobbies. New players, especially splitscreeners usually play offline.

2. Good, the n00bs and squeakers finally get their skill revealed.

3. Since WAW, zombie players had crazy strategies, ran trains, same with glitches, but that's how people do good. Ragers will never stop, exacly why I play solo most of the time.

You're right about the ranking system ruining some aspects of the game, but it was confirmed by Treyarch that the ranks are completely skill based.

Level 14

Studios