Spectating ~ Does it amaze you?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Spectating ~ Does it amaze you?

in reply to Izjar11

I've been doing this since I can remember.  I spectate if I am either certainly not joining or can't make my mind up based on the scoreboard.  When I spectate, I always pick the top scorer in my team to watch.  Two reasons, he may be good enough that I can work with him to scratch out a win, or he might teach me a trick or two that I wasn't aware of.  But you are right, a high percentage of times every player on the team is bad.  But if you think about it they are bound to be.  Somebody left the team to make way for you, most of the time they left because they were being beaten to pulp.  Most teams getting beaten to a pulp dont have any decent players.

I only play domination and I would say to get a win you need two great players or three/four good players.  Any less and you're going to struggle.  The fun starts when both teams have the same number of great and/or good players. 

Level 38

in reply to Izjar11

not sure if it's been said, but you are also watching with lag on your end. what you are seeing is not quite what the players are seeing. you are seeing your PS3's interpretation of other people's PS3's interpretation.

that can't be very accurate.

Level 14

in reply to YO_MOM_IS_NEXT1

YO_MOM_IS_NEXT wrote:

not sure if it's been said, but you are also watching with lag on your end. what you are seeing is not quite what the players are seeing. you are seeing your PS3's interpretation of other people's PS3's interpretation.

I'm not sure that's very accurate, but then again how could I prove that?

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75
Highlighted

in reply to YO_MOM_IS_NEXT1

YO_MOM_IS_NEXT wrote:

Im not stating its terrible players all the time, but when I spectate I witness so many errors, simple ones, things that you as a player would never do. But it is what it is,

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Here's the thing, though: I assume that if you get dumped into a game "in progress" and see that it actually just started, you're going straight back to the menu to spawn in.  So the games you're spectating are ones that are already several minutes in.

Most of the time when the server finds you a slot in a game that's been going on that long, you're on the losing side.  And much of the time that team is losing because several players are god awful at the game, so it stands to reason that when spectating like this you're going to see a disproportionately large number of terrible players.

That said, I can generally find at least one or two of these guys in every lobby when I re-watch my theater files, so it's not like they're rare.  There can be a lot of reasons for that, even in lobbies which should be populated by players with high SPMs: it could be someone on their older brother/sister's PS3, some drunk college guy in his dorm room, someone's girlfriend/boyfriend, they could be cradling their cell phone or eating chicken wings while playing, or whatever.  Or, they could just legitimately suck at the game or just be brand new to it.

Either way, nothing much that I see in BO2 lobbies surprises me anymore.

Level 26

in reply to Izjar11

If you think they are terrible I doubt any of you would like to spectate me

Level 24

in reply to iEXTERMINATED

Speaking from experience I can vouch for him, the few times I had to play with him he was terrible, you'll probably get worse just by watching iEXTERMINATED play.

Level 25

in reply to HaitianCreation

How do you think I get better....... I don't I just make other players worse then me

Level 24

in reply to iEXTERMINATED

Ah that's the trick, I gotta learn that, when you gonne be on next?

Level 25

in reply to HaitianCreation

Weekend

Level 24

Studios