Spectating ~ Does it amaze you?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Spectating ~ Does it amaze you?

in reply to dangerchicken

dangerchicken wrote:

always remember this, if not for the bad players, the mediocre players would never get kills

Interesting response:

So COD will always require terrible players?

There is truth here.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Izjar11 wrote:

dangerchicken wrote:

always remember this, if not for the bad players, the mediocre players would never get kills

Interesting response:

So COD will always require terrible players?

There is truth here.

i wouldn't say COD requires terrible players....but naturally inherits them

Level 19

in reply to Izjar11

Don't you get put into games based partially on your k/d, and spm... now I get that a couple would be worse than you, a couple better and a bunch right around you usually, but if it's 8/10 that are terrible, perhaps it has something to do with your stats?

Level 4

in reply to flyinbobsaget

flyinbobsaget wrote:

Don't you get put into games based partially on your k/d, and spm... now I get that a couple would be worse than you, a couple better and a bunch right around you usually, but if it's 8/10 that are terrible, perhaps it has something to do with your stats?

My stats? Sure take a look https://elite.callofduty.com/career/playercardops2

Like I said, I am not a terrible player (I play mostly TDM -core). Judge my stats, thats fine.

of our training"
Level 75

You get thrown in loosely based on SPM. Meaning a 100 SPM won't get paired up with a 600 SPM. For most of my lobbies I'd say the difference between the top and bottom guy is in the 200 range. There's a huge difference between a 200 SPM and a 400 SPM. So 8/10 seems like a good estimate

Level 9

the matchmaking algorithms occur most effectively in a pre-game lobby before the match begins.

Level 19

in reply to Izjar11

I agree that the majority of player online are terrible, most of them worse than that. Just check out the stats of the guys in the next lobby you join, their k/d is a pretty good indicator of their level, almost everyone i check is <1.00, very rare anyone in the room is >1.20.

What amazes me more is when your playing S&D and there is just one guy left on your team that you have to spectate. Your defending, the bomb has been planted, or your attacking and there is 30secs or so left on the clock, what is your teams last hope doing? Laying prone in the corner of the map, aiming down sights of his sniper rifle at a doorway, the same doorway he has been aiming at for the entire game. No ambition of moving from his spot, never going to defuse the bomb, never going to plant the bomb. WHY ARE THESE PEOPLE PLAYING AT ALL?

Level 1

in reply to Izjar11

sadly spectator mode doesent show you kill cam.

so why i also think you have a point, you must not forget that the person you watching could be having lagg issues.

Also TDM is the most played mode and i bet at least 75% of the players playing it are just casual gamers who could care less or they are the new generation gamers lol.

Level 27
Highlighted

in reply to TRU11

TRU11 wrote:

sadly spectator mode doesent show you kill cam.

so why i also think you have a point, you must not forget that the person you watching could be having lagg issues.

Also TDM is the most played mode and i bet at least 75% of the players playing it are just casual gamers who could care less or they are the new generation gamers lol.

I knew someone would thrown into the mix "lag" and I expected that. Lag or not, playing with no disregard or lets say it "playing stupidly" is what this threads question is about. Latency doesnt necessarily = stupid player.

of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

I spectate quite often an I too am blown away by how horrible most players are, but I realize that this is probably due to several factors such as overall time played and etc. The thing that gets me is that you can clearly see that some players are getting a MASSIVE advantage in Lag Comp, these guys will stand out in the open and spray their TFs for 3 or 4 seconds with 3 or 4 enemy players facing them and standing directly in their field of vision and still not get killed.

When I run into a single player I have to kill him in a FRACTION of a second to negate the 2 seconds that he has to CASUALLY gun me down with a 2 SECOND BURST. Hell, I don't even get the benefit of the damage indicator(blood), I just die within one 100th of a second. Everyone of my deaths is exactly like I just got one shot no scoped from nowhere. When I watch the kill cam and spectate the other guys will always be taking a massive amount of damage as they somehow insta-kill me.

I should add that the above circumstances do fluctuate from good to bad from time to time. I'll be one of the rare ones to admit that on occasion I'm actually given the advantage, but it's rare.

Level 20

Studios