Spawning... how did the current system get through testing?

Call of Duty Black Ops II General Discussion

Spawning... how did the current system get through testing?

I really just cannot understand how the spawn system in this game could have passed testing... some matches It'll be fine; I'll spawn near to my team mates with the enemy holding the other side of the map, for instance. However... in 75% of my matches I'll get spawn killed multiple times in a row.

The spawn system seems to be line of sight based, and therefore I can spawn metres away from an enemy. It's been explained that there are only a certain number of spawn points that could be deemed "safe" and if none of them are empty or appropriate you will spawn in a more "dangerous" place. This doesn't seem to hold true when you spawn in the corner of a map with en enemy ready for you, waiting around the corner.

Honestly though, how could this not have been an issue during testing? What's the point in spawning if you're going to die within seconds? I'd rather wait a few seconds until I can spawn in a "safe" spot.

How many of you agree, and how many of you don't find this to be a problem?

Level 3
4 REPLIES

Re: Spawning... how did the current system get through testing?

in reply to crustybread1

I find this problem to be particularly frustrating on Hijacked. Why there are no spawns in the bottom of the ship, I don't know,

Level 7

in reply to DarkHero131

If you spawn on the front end of the boat you will get spawn killed at least once a match unless you're very lucky. There are very few indoor spawns in the entire game, which doesn't help with the problem. I get insta-killed by scorestreaks thanks to spawning outside.

Level 3
Highlighted

in reply to DarkHero131

They should add spawn points indoors on the two parts of Hijacked on the stairs.  Free kill for someone who killed you straight after spawning!

Level 31

in reply to SitRepPro

The engine room should have at least three spawn points. Balance it so that if the enemy is within x meters, they spawn; if allies are within x meters, your team spawns.

Level 7

Studios