Solution for Guardian/Sentry Gun/Betty spawning in HC CTF (attn. Treyarch)

Call of Duty Black Ops II General Discussion

Solution for Guardian/Sentry Gun/Betty spawning in HC CTF (attn. Treyarch)

I spent several hundred hours playing HC CTF in the original Black Ops. I've spent many hours playing it in Black Ops II, but there is one major issue that needs addressing: spawning into enemy equipment. This is TERRIBLE. It is absolutely ruining the game itself. I've gotten put in games (in progess) where I spawned into Guardians right off the bat. And then died again and again and again. There is a VERY easy fix for this in HC CTF...

Institute a two second spawn immunity to spawning players. That's it. If the player spawning uses his weapon, grenade, axe, etc., then the immunity wears off before the two second timer. But this needs to be put in because of the rampant use of equipment to spawn kill. Spawn killing is bad enough, but when the game spawns you into enemy equipment... something drastic needs to be done. Please fix this... it's unfair and you're creating legions of players who try for the spawn kills instead of actually playing the objective. Thanks for your time.

Level 2
9 REPLIES

Re: Solution for Guardian/Sentry Gun/Betty spawning in HC CTF (attn. Treyarch)

in reply to SilentDHBI

This is most prevelant on hijacked and has basically become a race to see who can get the sentry guns/guardians first.  the spawn points shouldn't be so predictable or static.

Level 3

in reply to reedsr12

I agree. Having spawning immunity for a couple of seconds also makes sure that those d-bags who hide out behind your spawn also get theirs-- without getting so many easy kills.

Level 2

in reply to SilentDHBI

This is needed not just in CTF but every game mode and playlist really. I completely agree with what you said.

Level 70

in reply to SilentDHBI

EMP out!

Level 4

in reply to Razzle1974

Seriously, when you start hearing people complaining about EMP Spam, they've probably played me lately.

Level 4

in reply to SilentDHBI

It really is unfair! In the first BO, CTF was the only game mode I played 99% of the time. I'd like to play CTF in BO2, but once I start getting spawned killed, I quit. It just ain't fun being shot in your spawn. Most the time I can't even take 5 steps out of my spawn. I like CTF because it gives more XP than TDM, but not when you're getting shot in all directions from your spawn. =(

Level 1

in reply to SilentDHBI

You can't have spawn immunity, that's a terrible idea. Instead they need to just get rid of fixed spawns. Period. Bad enough spawning in a game only to have an enemy spawn looking at you, or spawning into a guardian. Fixed spawns don't work, have never worked, and will never work.

Level 2
Highlighted

in reply to catharsism

Spawn immunity is the only way to stop the spawn camping. Even with "random" spawns, someone will spend enough time to figure out how to find where people are going to spawn. Spawn immunity completely eliminates spawn camping from the equation. An objective game goes back to PTFO instead of kill farming. Problem solved.

Level 2

in reply to SilentDHBI

They need to bring back the explosion and scorestreak immunity from MW3 just give us that one second so we can actually react instead of death in spawn

Level 3

Studios