Solo Player - Is Domination a good Option?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Solo Player - Is Domination a good Option?

First of all i am a Solo Player.

As all noob i started to play TDM. After about 120h i felt the need to play a objective game type so i went to KC and i have a lot of fun.

Last week i try some Domination but i just cant do well in this mode as it is a mode where cordination and team work is very important and playing solo is very dificult. I see a lot of players plying DOM ( probably is the most played game mode ) and when i see some vids I think to my self that it should be fun to play this objectis game mode but when i go play i just cant do well, i get poor K/D, low SPM and the worst, i cant help my team winning the mach!

I have a stealth flanking play style and i dont know if that is the best way to go on DOM and that may be the problem but i dont know!

What is your opinion, should i try it for a week in a row to get a more real idea of the game mode and try to addapt or should i stay in KC as it is a good game mode for Solo players?

Level 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Solo Player - Is Domination a good Option?

in reply to RFL82
Solution
‎20-05-2013 09:55 AM

DOM takes a bit of getting used to if you've only played TDM and KC before.  Winning matches is very difficult without teamwork but the art of winning DOM is to cap and hold two flags.  Preferably A and B or B and C.  Once you have those flags secured you can put your TDM skills to good use with flanking, etc to keep the enemy tied up trying to kill you and off of the flags.  Something that is different, however, is that if you have two flags held then the enemy will always spawn at their flag spawn unless you push into their spawn.  Use this to your advantage.  Lock down choke points and you'll rack up the kills.  You can use a variety of weapons and loadouts and be very successful in DOM but if you are planning on capping flags hard then Flak Jacket and Tac Mask are a must.  I would also recommend Hellstorm and Lightening Strike in your killstreaks.  They are easy to cycle and it's quite common to get quad kills from them because of the spawn system.

Level 69
16 REPLIES

in reply to RFL82

I'm a solo player and started with KC. Once they added DOM to HC I'm now playing that. Sometimes sucks being solo just due to fact not everyone on your team is playing the objective. So you have good and bad games. I just have fun with it, and run low scorestreaks.

Level 19

in reply to fLoRiDa_KrAcKeR

I've been on a HC DOM 'addiction' myself. It's pretty fun.

Level 48

in reply to RFL82

Dom is best with a couple people. Playing solo and trying to win is frustrating at best. Every now and then you'll come across a good team. Then the other team quits and the cycle starts over.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to RFL82

For some, the transition from a purely selfish game mode like TDM, where your only real focus is on your own performance, to an objective type will be smooth. For others, it will feel so far out of their comfort zone.

My advice would be to persevere. You'll adapt to your new surroundings soon enough. Be observant; make a mental note of where the objective points are, where campers reside, respawns, etc.

I also flank primarily, but the annoyance of losing drives me onto the front foot. Try and make winning your main priority and see if that alters your approach somewhat. It usually does for me, but everyone has a different mindset I guess.

Level 3
Highlighted

in reply to RFL82
Solution
‎20-05-2013 09:55 AM

DOM takes a bit of getting used to if you've only played TDM and KC before.  Winning matches is very difficult without teamwork but the art of winning DOM is to cap and hold two flags.  Preferably A and B or B and C.  Once you have those flags secured you can put your TDM skills to good use with flanking, etc to keep the enemy tied up trying to kill you and off of the flags.  Something that is different, however, is that if you have two flags held then the enemy will always spawn at their flag spawn unless you push into their spawn.  Use this to your advantage.  Lock down choke points and you'll rack up the kills.  You can use a variety of weapons and loadouts and be very successful in DOM but if you are planning on capping flags hard then Flak Jacket and Tac Mask are a must.  I would also recommend Hellstorm and Lightening Strike in your killstreaks.  They are easy to cycle and it's quite common to get quad kills from them because of the spawn system.

Level 69

in reply to RFL82

It's a great option! The solo player will work their way away from the main skirmish where your teammates are and sneak around back and capture areas. Teammates tend to stick together,  solo run it and do what you can to be "that guy" that annoys the crap out of the enemy. Plus, if you play HC, you won't feel bad about EMP spamming.

Level 40

in reply to RFL82

I say continue giving it a go. You'll get the pretty bad team and you'll get a pretty bad match, but it helps out in the long run. Just pick up what you did wrong in those matches and what you can do to counter it. Lightning strikes, hellstorm missile, hell even sentry guns are useful in that mode. You'll do fine, just hope your team goes for the objective, otherwise you'll probably be getting frustrated and start playing all TDM style just for the sake of taking out your frustration. Good luck if you do continue to play Dom!

Level 1

in reply to RFL82

Domination is not recommended but I've ran solo and beast on it before. Avoid playing against clans or groups of guys with mic. They will most likely slaughter you. I find that during certain time of the day, people play differently. When kids arfe in school in my time zone, I see a dramatic amount of players that go for the objective.

Level 10

in reply to RFL82

it'll give you lucina's favourite way to win and play domination

cap home flag cap B then just run back and forth defending them

Level 16

Studios