Snipin' Ain't Campin'

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Snipin' Ain't Campin'

in reply to CallOfDutyFan88

i used to have fun doing it on MW3. i can't on BO2 now that there is no way to hide from the UAV.

Level 14

in reply to YO_MOM_IS_NEXT1

u dnt need to hide from the uav to effectively snipe, just good position and enough awareness to know when its time to move to the next spot. i have always been able to straight up camp whithout bo1 ghost or mw3 assassin . in blops1 1 i always ran scavenger or flak jacket and in mw3 i ran hardline or blast shield. silencer was all the stealth i ever really needed and alot of the time i didnt even use that.

Level 15
Highlighted

in reply to Filibuster1995

You are right sniping isn't camping.  And even if it was, camping is a gaming style people decide on.

Level 1

Even though I am an anti-camper and tend to treat anyone who stays in a spot for 10+ seconds as a camper, I agree that there is a difference between sniping and camping.

Filibuster1995 wrote:

Why is sniping generally hated amongst rushers and often confused with camping?

Because the rushers distinguish running around and spraying as "putting forth effort" while staying in a general location and sniping as "lazy". TBH, I refuse to use sniper rifles because I don't agree with the 1 shot, 1 kill. Last time I picked up a sniper rifle from one of my kills, I got 9 kills from it before someone killed me. From then on, I just avoided using them. I like the challenge of Run & Gun especially vs. the Skorpion. It feels so good to beat Spray & Pray.

Level 7

campers are noobs, snipers are more experienced

Level 10

Nice to see someone younger actually realising how snipers are supposed to be used, it's usually people your age or younger who call me a camper, hardscoper or a noob for using snipers the way they are supposed to be used. Maybe we can thank well edited QS montages on YT for that, those seem to be popular.

I got some good games in a row while sniping in TDM today, K/D between 1,8-8 in about 10 games or so until people backed out and the usual hitmarker fest thanks to lag started, but up until that i was getting sentries and AGR's in many games, so i guess that helps my team a lot more than running around and dying all the time while trying to QS.

Generally there was no trash talking, but this one guy who messaged me after a match made me laugh my ass off. I sniped, he was on the opposing team QS'ing, i went 24-7 and he went 10-17. After the match i received a message saying "$hit hardscoper", i thought i'd humour myself a bit and replied by thanking him for the easy kills, and then he replied "it's okay maybe you will get better". I know i am not that much of a sniper (K/D with snipers in BO2 around 1,5), but apparently he was one these guys who think you are only good with a sniper if you can or will QS.

The worst trash talkers and people calling you names are usually the ones which you beat, so it's quite easy to ignore them and let them continue to be ignorant.

Level 22

in reply to Raketti

Guys, why complain about somebody owning you in this type of game whether they be a "sniper" or so called "camper"

Adjust your playing style when you run across these guys and go after'em with some strategy for the kill.  Can't tell you how rewarding it is when you find a flank, out smart, or either out gun these guys with a taste of their own medicine....I mean really, how fun would this game be if every single person played the same???

Get out there and have some fun!

Level 19

in reply to Im_A_Drag85

Well said,....Always keep'em guessing!

Level 5

Yeah, I can't count the number of times people will get killed by a sniper, LMG-user, or camper, and all they do is RUN RIGHT BACK TO THE SAME SPOT (and taking the SAME path to them on top of that) AND GET KILLED AGAIN. Even if there's 1-2 guys in front of them getting mowed down by bullets, what do they do? They run INTO the hail of bullets and start shooting where they're coming from, just hoping for a lucky hit to kill them.

As said, I think snipers AND LMG-users have a "right to 'camp'". They are simply NOT meant for running and gunning. Sure you could throw on Lightweight to make them run as fast as if they're holding ARs and/or throw on Quickdraw to quicken ADS (really doesn't do so by much for LMGs), but there's nothing in rules that forces them to do so, and there are other Perks (and attachments) that benefit LMGs, IMO, more than Lightweight like Hardline, Blind Eye, or Flak Jacket.

Level 24

Guys snipers have to camp. its either that or they run around and qs which you dont like either. so what exactly are you supposed to do with a sniper? apparently you should run around with a sniper and let ppl kill you or they get mad. well i camp/snipe and qs and dont really care how mad the other team gets. i also run n gun with smgs and ar. shit sometimes i get talked down to for camping when im laying down and ppl get shot. when the fact is when you were walking around the corner i was reloading. i apologize for not reloading out in the open where you could shoot me when i know your around the corner lol. soorrry for thhee rannnt xD point is dont be a ass and just play the game

Level 4

Studios