RobbieRocket's Black Ops II Diary: [4] MULTIPLAYER - GAME REVIEW

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: RobbieRocket's Black Ops II Diary: [2] FIRST IMPRESSIONS

in reply to RobbieRocket

Good stuff Robbie, succinct and honest.

We all have different experiences and mine differs to yours and others in the "instakills" department.  I am actually finding it less of an instakill experience than BO and MW3.  I am getting a red marker and, if my reactions are quick enough, an opportunity to evade death.  I just hope this is how it is supposed to be and not just lag comp in my favour!

Far to early to draw much in the way of conclusions, but like you I have a feeling I am going to like the experience.

Level 38

in reply to sennalike

Cheers, Ayrton. You should lay down more of your findings too.

Level 34

in reply to RobbieRocket

if the lag was fixed this game would be fun, haven't has this much fun with a cod game since W@W (pre-patched of course)

Level 15

in reply to RobbieRocket

The opening title is awesome. I'm not sure it actually plays out at the start but you hear it at the start menu. It's very good, a bonafide theme tune up there with James Bond, Bullitt and 28 Days...

Yup, I was intrigued to watch the entire trailer but said, lets get going.

I was very happy to see the emblem creator ready to go at level 1

Yes, very cool feature in this game.

I found the maps mostly hectic and rush-favoured. The spray hip-fire SMG season is here and my cultured single shot assault rifle style will find it hard to survive here.

Again 100%, the maps are mostly in favor for smg, AR with silenced attachments. I use what I must to get the job done. Using the single shot AR you need space and quick aiming.

In summary a mixed feeling. Excitement and hunger for more, yes. Satisfied with the pace, style and nature of the game - I'm not sure, it seems a little insta-kill and random, not to mention the matchmaking. But it is week 1, in fact this assessment in based on day 1. My day 2 was spent on campaign, League Play placement (interesting, more on that later), and improving my emblem as the "error" plagued us all. There's certainly hope for the future and that's all I'm after at this stage.

The game doesn't feel like the original BO, slower more meticulous game. It has a mix of MW3+BO=Bo2 this seems to be the formula. I think the game has allot more potential, its balanced because gun fight can be intense and quick. You need to be quick at almost every moment of the game. So boredom is not an issue, the issue is what we initially feared connectivity.

Great post R

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to RobbieRocket

Personally I LOVE what I have seen thus far about the game:

- no split screens in league play

- everything unlocked in league play (can try everything out)

- maps look nice

- I can see usefulness for all guns (not everything is MW3 CQC)

it is just so unfortunate that all I can play in a party is league. I want to level my guns!  I think if/when this mess is sorted out*, BO2 is going to be a good (if not great) game...

(* we are having a lot of issues, but I am keeping my dissapointment in the servers and lack of playability seperate from the game itself)

Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

in reply to RobbieRocket

I've now added my campaign review - with no spoilers.

Level 34

in reply to RobbieRocket

ROBBIEEEEEE!

Hi, I will read the thread I promise. But at the moment, I need you to reply to a PM that I will send in a moment buddy.

Level 3

in reply to DecisiveBlow1

Will do.

Level 34

Re: RobbieRocket's Black Ops II Diary: [4] MULTIPLAYER - GAME REVIEW

in reply to RobbieRocket

I've now placed a fairly broad review of the online game.

Level 34

Re: RobbieRocket's Black Ops II Diary: [4] MULTIPLAYER - GAME REVIEW

in reply to RobbieRocket

In all honetly, this is excellent. I've been playing with you and the guys since the release, and what your saying is bang on point. In my opinion, you should really open up a youtube channel. Yes it's hard to gain views, but your worthy of gaining it. I think you could handle it

You would definatley have my support.

Level 1

Studios