[Read!] Huge banwave incoming soon! (with official statement!)

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: [Read!] Huge banwave incoming soon! (with official statement!)

in reply to WolfRidge

They wouldn't use IP addresses to Perma-ban, they would use the MAC address (frequently termed "Bricking"). IP addresses can be static and dynamic. "Most" Internet access from residences are dynamic, meaning the IP address is assigned by the ISP, and can change frequently. Static is a fixed IP and most providers charge extra just to get one.

Were they to ban the IP address of a Dynamic access customer, it would only last as long as that address was assigned to them by their ISP. For my Dynamic access, my IP address frequently changes; roughly 3-4 times a week.

Level 6

in reply to IronShadow

where is the official statement then

Level 7

in reply to Ricky-RB-

Hope this happens soon! Can't wait to laugh at all the hackers who did it. I once got a message from someone asking if I wanted to do the hack, and I asked him if he really knew how. No reply. lol I wanted to catch him red handed! Darn, though.

Level 1

in reply to Ricky-RB-

I hope this happens - because working long and hard toward what others hacked in 10 mins seems stupid.

Level 24

in reply to sstang1

As stated in the OP, every player that has modified their stats, level, and challenges are all on the ban list now. While another poster claimed they'll be temporarly banned to this being an exploit, Activision in this case also stated they'll be removing these players from BO2 when the time is right. The theater prestige glitch is where Treyarch tried to go easy on people by resetting them. As they didn't learn the first time, a permaban and a console ban should teach these kids not to do this stuff anymore. After all, it involves copying one player's stats to another player's profile.

We'll know the banwave has been carried out when we see those "I didn't mean to do it or my bother did it, unban me" threads.

Level 11

in reply to Ricky-RB-

A lot of haters on here when they are getting round to banning people who are just out for blood.

It's a game so what if people have a symbol next to there name if people want to do that and it's fun for them let them get on with it.now i could see people getting mad if you couldn't kill them and was flying round in the air moving parts of the map around effecting everyones game but for a little image who cares.

And them people who want their friends to get banned,some friend you are they would be better off not knowing you,you should stand by real friends for whatever mistakes they make in life not stab them in the back,but like i said it's just a game some people just take it far to serious.

Love the way since online gaming came around there's rule's to how to play a game.

Level 11

in reply to SUM1SLY83

So your saying, people are allowed to cheat? but dont ban them.

thats basically what your just putting out there, its people like you that make the gaming community horrible. As a gamer we want every one to be fair to one another, not some moron who goes hey im going to cheat my way there sucka!!

regarding to wanting your friends being banned. I'm a really nice person, I'll try to talk them out of it. Do you think I want them to get consoled banned? do you think I want them to throw another $300 out the window? If they decide to cheat I will turn my back and not even defend them after I told them not too. now what type of friend would that make them? oh that right, that would make them the back stabber, and not me.

regarding as to standing by them at what ever mistakes they make in life, yeah fuc.k that a person can only do so much for a person. What are you going to stand by your friend after he kills 2 people? or after he beats his wife up? I doubt you'll want to be around those type of people even if you didn't know they can be like that.

Doing this perma bann can be a great lesson to the kids and any one else who thinks they got away with it which in return will teach them a important lesson.

Whether its in a game or in real life, YOU WILL NEVER GET AWAY WITH IT.

so go ahead and tell your mom or dad you need another xbox/ps3 because your stupid mistake just cost them another $320 PS3 250gb ($320 xbox 250gb w/ xbl gold) just so you can play Lag ops 2 with your other cheating friends.

Level 3

in reply to JDM_PRO

Did you just compare glitching in a video game to multiple homicide and spousal abuse!?

Lol! God bless the internet!

Level 15

in reply to Mojo332

@ the glitchers / rank hackers:http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/632/93e/2aa/resized/your-time-is-up-meme-generator-the-day-is-over-your-time-is-up-486086.jpg?1354248560.jpg

Level 2

in reply to Mojo332

apparently you cant read,

"regarding as to standing by them at what ever mistakes they make in life, yeah fuc.k that a person can only do so much for a person. What are you going to stand by your friend after he kills 2 people? or after he beats his wife up? I doubt you'll want to be around those type of people even if you didn't know they can be like that."

the OP said

"And them people who want their friends to get banned,some friend you are they would be better off not knowing you,you should stand by real friends for whatever mistakes they make in life not stab them in the back,but like i said it's just a game some people just take it far to serious."

the whole point my post was to point that part out. not to refeer to the video game.

Level 3

Studios