Reaction times

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Reaction times

in reply to mis-Hap

mis-Hap wrote:

I just wanted to focus on reaction times on this post, though, because I believe it to be something that is more commonly overlooked, or at least, something that people haven't tested and compared themselves with before complaining of lag.

Agree 100%.  Being that I'm older than the vast majority of people I game against, I've long since accepted that I'm coming out on the short end of the reaction time battle nearly every time.

Level 26

in reply to mis-Hap

231.8 here.

By no means very good, but more than quick enough to shoot someone who is not looking at me...

I agree some people complain eventhough there was no lagg involved. But when i got at least 10 bullets out before getting killed and then not seeing myself shoot at all in the killcam is proof enough for me that its not just my reaction times.

It also makes it hard to appreciate the games where you are able to own the other team because you were probably on the good side of the lagg..

Level 1

in reply to ZSPaulus

I also got 231! We should fight to decide who is better.

Level 11
Highlighted

in reply to mis-Hap

Good point and interesting post.  It turns out that I'm below average as well despite having a good trigger finger.  If you think about it there probably are several gunfights where you thought that you should have won but didn't and it might very well be that the other guy just reacted faster.  I'm guessing that the lag that we think that we see (ie my gun fired first) may really just be the game not being able to display all of the action as fast as some folks can react.  So basically it's visual lag rather than you actually being behind via some lag comp.  I generally consider whether I'm lagging more so by how difficult it is for me to kill someone that isn't shooting me back than the head to head gunfights because things do get out of sync in game.  I mean how often has the announcer told you about a lightening strike 2 or 3 seconds after it's already gone through?  It's not an all the time thing but it does happen.  And that tells me that things are happening in the game faster than the game can keep up with.

Level 69

in reply to mis-Hap

Soon the reaction time board top 100 will be made up of forum members lol I managed 211 but yeah some people tend to blame the game first then self second.

Level 21

in reply to mis-Hap

I just scored a 290  lol ....... i know my reaction time is slower than some.....because my age 50+ and my eyesight isnt what it used to be 

and the ability to react fast does help in the game......but does not always hurt  either, you simply change your playstyle to help offset reaction time differences...... but LAG can screw the fastest reaction times, or help the slowest reaction times .....

You have to pay attention to both what and how the others are playing .....if you get tons of hit markers but never the kill.....you know its the lag not the reaction

Level 16

Even at a 290, if 215 is average, that's less than 1/10 of a second.  So if you are already ADS and they are running, you have already made up the difference.  The problem is, they still kill you while your bullets hit air, then the kill cam shows you not shooting at all, just sitting there like a slug.

Level 29

in reply to mis-Hap

scored in the top 100 so its snot me!

Level 2

Studios