Rant: SMG's need a nerf

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Rant: SMG's need a nerf

in reply to Ai-Silentshot

lol, ok man, keep trusting those stats bars. I come form a FPS test place and we garantee you they reduce range. Test it yourself.

Level 6

in reply to VampWolfy

SMG's are OP i agree, But then again there is next to no recoil on any guns, Use quickdraw and grip and your a killing machine,

I have got to the point in the game now where if you run around trying to play the objective (Somthing not many people do) you will die by some scrup using the MP7 silenced or vector silenced everytime,

If everyone on the opposite team use's an SMG we then get a few guardians with my friends and we place them in such a way that the enemy cant leave there spawn, slowly moving them forward untill they just spawn get cooked spawn without even moving,

If they want to exploit something in the game we are going to do it also, And we are going to win everytime.

If you have a problem with OP weapons just find a new way to combat them by completely spawn camping the whole time, Guardians work perfectly as you can place them on top of the enemy spawn point and then walk back to your spawn and they are forced to just get cooked eash time they spawn, Just sit there and laugh over the mic while they cry.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to Trendall

Trendall wrote:

SMG's are OP i agree, But then again there is next to no recoil on any guns, Use quickdraw and grip and your a killing machine,

I have got to the point in the game now where if you run around trying to play the objective (Somthing not many people do) you will die by some scrup using the MP7 silenced or vector silenced everytime,

If everyone on the opposite team use's an SMG we then get a few guardians with my friends and we place them in such a way that the enemy cant leave there spawn, slowly moving them forward untill they just spawn get cooked spawn without even moving,

If they want to exploit something in the game we are going to do it also, And we are going to win everytime.

If you have a problem with OP weapons just find a new way to combat them by completely spawn camping the whole time, Guardians work perfectly as you can place them on top of the enemy spawn point and then walk back to your spawn and they are forced to just get cooked eash time they spawn, Just sit there and laugh over the mic while they cry.

Techniques like that shouldnt be used. If you need to use stuff like that to actually fight smg's then you know that they are overpowered.

Every gun should have a negative point, and in this game its not like that with smg's.

Level 9

Okay lets look it from this side guys,

Every weapon class should have a disadvantage, lets take a look.

Snipers : Bad in close quarters, low fire rate ( most of the snipers ) and bad hip fire ( totally agree with that ).

Shotguns : Bad range, totally worthless against someone from a distance.

Assault rifles : Bad at close quarters thanks to the fire rate ( good treyarch, well made ) but better at range.

Smg's : Not bad in close quarters ( as it should be ) not bad in range thanks to low recoil and no damage reduce in range ( this is bad and makes it overpowered ) high fire rate and low recoil ( bad ) high fire rate good hip fire ( overpowered ) laser sight attachment to make the hip fire not spread ( really really overpowered ) silencer almost no damage reduce ( really bad )

You can easily see that the smg's dominate all the guns in every possible way. It shouldnt be like this.

Level 9

Dude, where do you get your stats from? No damage reduce? Really? So the gun goes from a 3 bullets to kill to six and there is no damage drop?

With arguments like those you will never get a dev response.

Level 6

in reply to VampWolfy

in b4 bad grammar

Level 1

in reply to MrCow123

Lol.

Level 18

in reply to VampWolfy

It's a game use what they give you. I don't care if a knife can kill across the map. I get so tired of these threads and maybe we should all get the same loadout and be done with it.

Just remember it's a game.

Level 17

in reply to WRECKU

wrecku wrote:

It's a game use what they give you. I don't care if a knife can kill across the map. I get so tired of these threads and maybe we should all get the same loadout and be done with it.

Just remember it's a game.

Maybe you shouldnt read the thread then. The title shows exactly whats in here.

Level 9

I use SMGs on small maps and assault rifles on the larger maps. Thing is the way the maps are set up even the big ones have a lot of CQB situations where an SMG should excel. Its the nature of the way maps are made and the nature of urban fighting as well.

I play hardpoint mostly and im at or near the top of my team on a regular basis. I get killed plenty by assault rifles. 

Level 2

Studios