Quickscoping's back and even more obnoxious than in MW3 (This going to get gimped)

Call of Duty Black Ops II General Discussion

Re: Quickscoping's back and even more obnoxious than in MW3 (This going to get gimped)

in reply to Treize

The people complaining about qs haven't tried it in bo2. It they had they would know how much more difficult it is. And it's not like I can sit back and snipe anymore due to uav's and the anti camp ghost.

Level 1

Re: Quickscoping's back and even more obnoxious than in MW3 (This going to get gimped)

in reply to IiISOAD

Considering every quickscoper I've seen has had a positive K/D of at least 2-1, and unless the kill cam's lying to me too, it's piss easy to do.

Level 8

in reply to Treize

Yeah because you can guage how easy something is from a laggy call of duty killcam. try doing it yourself before you judge. you are a moron

Level 1

in reply to IiISOAD

Qs is an in game exploit for the the auto aim it takes no skill to do I did it completely by accident in a game

Level 1

in reply to Treize

In short - NO it will not be removed. Treyarc are trying to break into cybergaming - and have recognised that there is a fine art to quickscoping.

First of all - QS is possible but is nowhere near as easy  as it was in the modern warfare series. 3arc have made it require a fair bit of skill and timing.

As you cannot have fast ADS with a sniper rifle the shooter has about a second or more to raise thier gun - there is no perk or quickdraw handle to alter this - try it yourself. Auto-Aim has no bearing and does not help this either. It is not easy and does not provide cheap kills.

The orignal black-ops gimping of sniper rifles caused a massive outcry and it would be a terrible shame if it returned to that- and it was not even about the ability to quickscope, 3arc's absolute castration of sniping as a whole made any form of sniping irritating and unfair when compared to the ease of other gun archetypes. Considering a sniper rifle by definition is a precision weapon capable of accuracy between 600-1000 meters - you couldn't hit the back of a barn with them from 100 feet. Snipers should have been completely removed as they had no useful place in the game - even after the "fix" patch.

Any FPS game where you can drop someone from accross the map with an SMG - but seriously struggle to hit a target with a sniper is a massively distorted version of reality. That was black-ops in a nutshell and things should never return to that.

Just because the casual gaming community lacks the initiative to stop trying to face snipers in long range gun battles which they are supposed to lose doesn't call for a nerf. Flank them and get close enough so that you kill them before they can shoot - that is the proper counter.

Level 2

in reply to Scopeh2011

I'm glad there are still some smart people left on these forums.

Level 11

in reply to Scopeh2011

My problem isn't if snipers win LONG RANGE gun fights. That is what sniper rifles are for. My problem is when you have that one little bastard son that's running around abusing aim assist. It's pretty ridiculous when you walk up on that sniper point blank with a submachine gun and he shoots you in the foot and you die.

Don't give me that BS about "no aim assist for snipers" either. It's still very much there, and very much exploited by the little bitches.

Solution:

1) Give snipers the opposite of a traditional damage drop off. Instead of damage dropping at range, make the minimum damage @ short-medium range.

2) Remove the hipfire crosshair from sniper rifles. This is what allows AA to do the work before you ADS, as hipfire crosshair has some of the "sticky aim" you get when you ADS.

This should bury the QS crowd once and for all, and give the ines that use the gun properly a necessary edge.

Level 15
Highlighted

in reply to fallenshadow000

Or just have it so snipers can't shoot until fully zoomed in.

Level 31

in reply to Scopeh2011

I like Sniping in BO2, it's not too difficult but they need to remove QS, as someone said unless the Kill Cam hit markers are lying QS is not all that difficult in BO2. I've seen too many Kill Cams where the hit marker's not even on the person and they die.

That said I like sniping now. It's fun to just move around with your pistol or SMG (overkill) mowing a lawn of flesh in your wake then get to a new perch, take a few shots and move again. Sniping is fun now.

QS is still cheap and yes it takes skill but the power given when taking into account how easy it is makes it cheap

Level 9

in reply to Treize

Quick scoping ruined this game. But I guess that's the direction the developers decided to go with this franchise, so there's no way I'll buy the next Call of Duty. Another thing that sucks is people just going for kills in the objective games. I'm not sure how they can fix that, but something needs to be done.

Level 1

Studios