Profanity??? How???

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Profanity??? How???

ok im starting a new class with the HAMR. i try to change the name of my class to HAMR and it says that its profanity??? WTF??? i can put in FUK and 420 but i can't put in HAMR???? and why wouldn't i be able to use profanity on my class name anyway??? its not like anyone is going to see that anyway... i googled HAMR and there is no mention of it being a profane word.... this $h!t needs to be fixed immediately...

Level 1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Profanity??? How???

in reply to Taynak
Solution
‎21-11-2012 07:08 PM

Tried HAM-R?

Level 14
20 REPLIES

in reply to Taynak
Solution
‎21-11-2012 07:08 PM

Tried HAM-R?

Level 14

thank you for that... though it just seems stupid that i have to do that instead of allowing HAMR since that is what the name of the gun is... i mean come on... there are people on the game who have a clan tag NAZI... i mean seriously.. .you have that allowable and not HAMR?

Level 1

in reply to Taynak

I agree with you regarding the oversensative filter flagging HAMR as profane. Another OP had his clan tag [PONY] disallowed for the same reason. Huh?

On to the question of specifically using profanity when naming your custom classes: the reason you can't is because your classes (and their names) can be viewed in ELITE.

Remember, you can't have slaughter without the laughter

Wolf

Level 9

in reply to Taynak

There's profanity in the campaign, lol...

Level 10
Highlighted

in reply to Taynak

I can't put NATI as my clan tag as in Cincinnati but what I can see is every racist word or curse words in emblems.Like it says in hc when you team kill "Get that asshole outta here" thats how I feel about whoever made these stupid text rules.

Level 5

in reply to Taynak

Technically they can see the name of your classes if you are in Elite but I agree it seems silly to moderate class names.

Level 34

in reply to Taynak

I tried nameinmg my Assault rifle class    ASSAULT ..not allowed profanity .....I had to laugh since they used the word Assault  in the weapon selections area

Level 16

and thats what im talking about... the profanity filter is way to sensitive...

Level 1

in reply to Taynak

Yeah, I tried to name my class "Shotty" and that was also flagged as profanity. I messed around with it to see why and apparently they don't allow "shot." What the hell? A first person SHOOTER doesn't allow you to use the word SHOT. Yeah... Makes perfect sense.

Level 2

Studios