Probation idea still not effective?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Probation idea still not effective?

I heard about the probation feature to reduce the amount of host migrations, time outs, and dashboarding but it seems as though it has no effect on people. Just yesterday I played 5 matches where I was completely raping the other team and as expected the "Connection Interuppted" icon appears. People who take the game that serious don't even need to be playing. In my opinion probation isn't enough. If you were to time out or dashboard you should be de-ranked by however many levels a good punishment would be. Just my thoughts to reduce people timing out and migrations. I just want to enjoy my game!!!!

Level 11
14 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Probation idea still not effective?

in reply to DatBeast

Then with all the issues going on at the moment game freezing etc etc during games which counts as a dash board every 1 wud basically be lvl 0

Level 14

in reply to AC_786

Well I meant just someone deliberately timing out and leaving. It's happening too often and it's pissing me off.

Level 11

in reply to DatBeast

most people probably havent figured out there is probation....once they do (and they will bc they quit so much) they will quit doing it. I think it should ban them from playing for 1-2 hours eventually, maybe even 24 if they do it way too much and keep doing 24 every time after that instance. This would decrease it significantly because those guys wont be playing as much and a lot will quit leaving matches.

Level 5

in reply to CrimsonTideMonk

Yeah because they really need to end this dashboarding, timing out, and leaving. I want to play a game where people aren't so worried about their stats.

Level 11

in reply to DatBeast

No one owes anyone anything. I have good games where some checks out. Mehh... Oh well who cares about stats right?

Level 59

in reply to ChestSplittah

True, but 5 times in one day man. Crazy!

Level 11

in reply to DatBeast

You have to realize that the game may be disconnecting them itself.

Level 59

in reply to DatBeast

The only solution that everyone would be happy with is decent matchmaking.

The closer the players abilities are the less likely people are to rage quit.

I think the way that BO2 works with the better weapons, perks, etc coming further along the road then the more important good matchmaking is.  I am pretty much destroying anyone lower rank and being destroyed by anyone higher, can't just be coincidence.  Wasn't as obvious in previous CoD.

Level 38

in reply to DatBeast

Probation not enough? We already get probation for:

1. Getting kicked from server

2. Losing connection to host

3. Losing connectiong to Xbox Live/PSN intentionally (ie internet connection dying out)

4. Xbox/PS3 freezing (ie hard freeze issues)

5. Quitting match to join a friend's invite.

I'm sure I'm leaving some reasons out too. Like spawning into matchs mid-match and leaving as soon as you realize it's 6 on 3, spawn killing fest, laggy as hell, etc. Yes, you could leave before spawning but you get that loss regardless so sometimes you say why not try and see what you can do but 2 instant deaths from spawn killing you get probation warning if you decided to leave.

I rather have people rage quit anyday (even when I've slaughtering them) than have to face one undeserved probation penalty.

Level 2

Studios