Probation and Kicking suggestion

Call of Duty Black Ops II General Discussion

Re: Probation and Kicking suggestion

in reply to skullzy_xue

Uhhh, hello? Battlefield uses dedicated servers. With BF3 they started renting out servers to players. There is no shortage of servers. Because the renters get to design the game with their server, it's inspired a lot of players to rent them. I'm sure COD would have no problem finding players to rent servers.

Plus. the developer for Battlefield 3. DICE, also runs lots of dedicated servers in addition to the servers rented by players. I think that Activision just doesn't want to deal with the development of dedicated servers because of cost and maintenance. But, given the millions of dollars they make on these games, there's really no excuse for not running COD on dedicated servers.

You would think that with COD's tiny maps, they might not need dedicated servers. But, with the laggy gameplay I've experienced - on very fast connections - it's clear that such servers would help. And everyone would be able to enjoy the connection they pay for. It's quite simple actually. And very logical.

Level 21

in reply to RunAndGun1

Didn't know this "never played bf and only one of my friends have it on PC so dedi servers are expected from that point of view"

But I decided to do a little bit of reading into it.. and well.. it doesn't look good I mean like I said before price wise it would have to be affordable each month not everyonne has the money to spend on a dedicated server for xbox or ps3.. as for treyarch hosting multiple dedicated servers yeah.. I would agree on that. But allowing players to rent servers on consol seems to be a big no no DICE seems to be losing some of their fan base as players are able to kick people which means a descent player who pisses off the admin by killing him or her too many times could end up kick banned from servers..

[Source]

Perhaps treyarch aren't taking that route because of the downfall BF3 had with dedi servers on consoles.. Still think it's a good idea but it comes with a lot of problems which treyarch probably thinks aren't worth the risk.

Level 1

in reply to skullzy_xue

Something they need to do is before they put you on probation, they have to make sure that you quit the game. Multiple times, I lagged out of the game because the host rage quit and there weren't any other great connections and it put me on probation. Treyarch needs to fix this. Whenever I play HC, this happens.

Level 1

in reply to skullzy_xue

Probation needs to go away, until treyarch is serious about keeping cheaters out of the game.  I will always dashboard when a cheater is just killing everyone and can't be kill.  I work to hard to keep my kill death ratio aove 1.00, just to have it destroyed but a low life cheater.  Treyarch do your job, and keep the cheaters off the game, then I won't dashboard.  Until do away with probation! I do 5 minutes of probation anytime, if it means a cheater didn't lower my kd. treyarch you need to have dedicated servers!

Level 1
Highlighted

Since COD maps are very small compared to BF3 maps, dedicated servers should improve gameplay immensely. Yes the rented servers on BF3 do allow its renters to kick people they don't like. But that's no reason for COD not to have them.

I distinctly remember a video interview with an Infinity Ward rep who said they would look at player experience with MW2 to see if they would need to go the way of dedicated servers. Well, I think they should try it again. It can only reduce lag and allow players who have better connections to actually enjoy their connections, instead of getting screwed by Lag Compensation.

Level 21

Studios