Power Ups Question

Call of Duty Black Ops II Zombies

Re: Power Ups Question

in reply to wridtrvlr

I agree. There seems to be connection between picking it up and not. I've played many games where that's what the other players wanted to do, so I did it, and never noticed a difference.

Level 32

in reply to wridtrvlr

wridtrvlr wrote:

I personally don't believe any of the "don't pick it up, wait till later rounds" garbage. 

I've played so many games of Zombies, trying out MANY different methods to keep drops, get more drops, get certain drops, nothing works.  it is completely random.  If you need ammo and a max ammo drops, grab it, if it drops two in a row, blast as many zombies as you can after picking up the first one, then grab the second one before it disappears, who cares!!  More will drop eventually. 

Agree 100%!   So many people have theories about how it works or claim to "know someone" at Treyarch who told them the magical secret.  I call BS!  

You get 4 drops per round and it's completely random.

When I'm in a game and someone throws out that "don't get it now so we get more later" crap, I respond with:  "the game is offering me a present, if I don't humbly accept it now then the game will be insulted and not give me another one later on".  BAM.... pick up the power-up!

Nukes are the only ones I will intentionally miss if it's near the end of the round and we are trying to save a zombie.

Level 44
Highlighted

in reply to troglodyte

The only thing that I've heard and it's purely rumor is that there is a limit to the number of each type of drop that you can get.  Ie something like 30 max ammos, blah, blah, blah.  So if you don't need a max ammo then you should let it disappear so that it will come back in later rounds.  I can't say that I've ever run out of drops though.  So it's probably just something that someone made up that sounded legit.

Level 69

in reply to troglodyte

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200602925

Here is a previous thread with a formula posted by matuzz this has been taken from the game files on pc.

Level 13

in reply to boybad1

4 a round but whatever. a previous post doesnt make it true. he doesnt say more than 4 a round & plenty of times ive had 2 of same drop in a round max included in deep rounds

Level 4

in reply to DARK1970

Im not here to argue, the game uses a formula for drops, end of story.

I had a game with my friend where we didnt pick anything up untill round 30, and we got rained with drops, it was just about everytime we killed a train we had a drop and chose what we wanted and when and there was more then 4 if we didnt pick them up, think about it... if you use traps and dont get any points you will get no drops, this proves that formula is based on points.

Level 13

in reply to boybad1

u get points with thunder gun but no drops

Level 4

in reply to DARK1970

Thats right, then what happened when you used the teleporter, or killed with a gun?

Level 13

in reply to boybad1

u can kill them in traps making 0 points & kill 1 horde with a gun & get a drop but u will still only get 4 a round. show me a video of anyone

getting more than 4 drops a round not in custom games. u wont cause there isnt one

Level 4

Studios