Poor players = More fun?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Poor players = More fun?

in reply to mn7_la1

mn7_la wrote:

The way I look at it:

I play the game to have some fun. To enjoy.

I don't plan on taking part on the MLG - and I don't plan on making it a career. So, why should I be matched-up against players with a much higher skill-level than me? I can understand if I'm matched against a slightly higher-skilled player (NOTE: I believe that SPM or KD or W/L have any bearing *skill* is highly questionable) - but to be matched against 1 or 2 such players every game - that's lame.

TBH - I actually like it that the current match-making - even if they deny it - to some extent always tries to match me (sub-200 SPM) with players in the range of 100 thru 350-450 SPM. I don't remember a game where someone on my lobby had 500 or 600 SPM - and I'm glad it is that way.

MN

Good response MN,

I prefer to go against players who have higher SPM than I do ( I play TDM) so when I run into them I think ~ challenge and I fight to test that score.

BTW your responses to EVO are good but he doesn't understand what your trying to tell him, leave it be.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Thank you, lzjar.

I apologize for having taken your thread on an unwanted detour. And, I will no longer communicate on the issue.

MN

Level 11

in reply to Izjar11

Honestly if there were some sort of visible ranking system so you know the level of the players you're versing then I would have no problem versing the best possible players all day. But because there isn't anything visible when I do worse than I normally do I never know if it was because of me or the players I verse and maintaining a consistent score in games is difficult with the varied level of players you verse.

Level 1

in reply to Izjar11

Pub stomping noobs is fun but as the saying goes too much of a good thing is a bad thing and after a while it does get very boring.

Level 23

in reply to Izjar11

i dnt care who i play to be honest, even before skill based matchmaking i still got pwned or pwned just about the same. its not about the stats, i have had ppl with terrible stats give me nightmares and i also have been a nightmare for ppl with way better stats than myself. knocking down 4+ k/ds a few points is fun to me even though im nowhere around those numbers. there is a reason why we still have to play the games right? for this reason i wish they would just dump the skill based matchmaking and put all matchmaking resorces towards making sure we are playing under the best connections possible everytime we play instead of making k/d and spm a factor in matchmaking.

Level 15

in reply to Izjar11

If my teammates are horrible I hate playing against good players.  If I have a solid team, the challenge makes it more fun!

Level 5

in reply to Izjar11

I reset my stats last week, and I'm back playing with the same people I was before doing so.  -eh-

I also played with a friend of mine that just got his internet connection at his house, he has a 0.45 k/d.  I decided to equip a pistol FINALLY and ditch my launcher.  I had a BLAST for a few hours.

Was it fun then? , yes.  Would it be fun all the time?  Who knows.

At least without sbm the lobbies were sometimes easy, sometimes rage inducing and sometimes evenly matched.

Level 7
Highlighted

in reply to Izjar11

I dont care how skilled they are I will still try to have a fun time.  P.S. I enjoy making people rage when all I do is run around w/ my dual wield Executioners and a Combat Axe.

Level 2

in reply to Izjar11

i'm not sure who is bad and who is not. i ususally and any decent match with a 2:1 ratio or better, however i have quite a few where i am negative for no real good reason. i can't control where i spawn nor how many pointstreaks my teammates give up to the other team.

i do know that i was in two lobbies yesterday where my whole team were all close to 2:1 while the other team were DEEP into the negative. their best player was 12-24.

something is just not right with that.

i agree with match making based on connections speeds and region. doing it by skill level, while a sound theory, just doesn't seem to be working very well. if i feel like i'm in an unfair lobby, i can leave. as long as my connection is good, i'm happy.

as for SPM, i'm sure i can pad those stats, if i needed to. i play on my own, nothing but HC KC, and have a 245SPM. i'm pretty sure i can find a way to bring that up or down as i please. so what good is it really to match me to people based on that number?

p.s. there is no such thing as "versing".

Level 14

Studios