Playing with local players EVERYTIME

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Playing with local players EVERYTIME

So we have all come to agree that playing with people near you is a good thing.  We all agree that putting BEST as searching preference is a good thing.  But now we all agree that most times when we choose BEST we still get ANY and NORMAL setting players in our lobbies.  So then we can come to conclusioin that setting your searching preference to any option is probably a complete waste of time, even though it takes less than 2 seconds to do it

Solution:  BEST only play with BEST

NORMAL play with everyone else but players set to BEST

ANY - No longer an option

This is the only way that we will ensure we play with local players and have the best experience playing BO2.  We still need NORMAL for the people who do not have any players local to them and are having long wait periods in lobbies.

Thoughts?  Other possibilites?

Level 1
13 REPLIES

Re: Playing with local players EVERYTIME

in reply to d_gr8_acidrain

Where is this setting? I must be blind because I can't find it.

Level 11
Highlighted

in reply to mallafornia

Search woodygamerstag video of fixing lag compensation on youtube

Level 1

in reply to mallafornia

when you search a game press square and it comes up

Level 2

in reply to mallafornia

Press squire before clicking on the game mode you want to play.

I would change it to Best only 4 bar players ( <75 ping) IN their own region. Everybody who can ping that in their region should be able to join to keep a good amount of players.

Level 9

in reply to SnipinDB

Agreed Snipin.  I also thought about putting a ping limit on BEST.  I think if this simple solution was implemented we would all be having a good time and playing this game like it was meant to be played.

Level 1

Thanks for the info.

Level 11

I dont understand why there is such a choice.  "Best" should be the default.  If there are 500,000 players online but I can only have a decent match with 50 of them, so be it.  I'd much prefer a limited choice of decent matches than a ton of crap.  I realise you need the option to search further away for friends to play each other, but make that the option to change to not a default.

Level 38

in reply to sennalike

The default is normal which is ok, but I am guessing any is for that one guy in North Korea that's wanting to play.

Level 3

in reply to Be_Smashing

I know the default is normal, but I think it should be best, then if you can't find a match or want to explore the world of lag, let people change it.  Or as you say if you are the only player in a remote part of the world!

Level 38

Studios