Pitching a tent....

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Pitching a tent....

in reply to phxs72

I was running a trophy system and scavenger so there were several up in the room. They tried to EMP my defences.

Level 1

in reply to PAPA875

Well I don't technically see that as camping.

You were holding down a stratigic point and using it's sightlines to your advantage.
That is a birlliant stratagy.

I only see camping as the Core point. 'Sitting in a corner and shooting people in the back' THAT is camping and is frowned upon (by me atleast)

That said, I was accused of being a camper before, becasue I kept getting kills on a free for all in a general area of the map. It's not camping if i keep chasing their stupid arse's there, because they were trying to get there to camp... :I

Another time some guy on amic was bitching about someone else camping, the other guy left after the match, then the guy complaining started properly camping...

Level 2

in reply to PAPA875

I don't view this as camping, but you're right, you'll be called a camper. Personally I could care less if people call me a camper. I think what you did was smart playing.

Sometimes I think players think everyone should fight like the british did during the american revolution. They should march shoulder-to-shoulder, out in the open, in bright red apparel and get plastered. It's silly really.

Level 4

in reply to PAPA875

Nobody was a bigger complainer of "campers" than me when I first started with BO1.  Reason being, I wasn't very good. 

Eventually, I took the Darwinian approach and adapted to the environment.  Complaining about the environment didn't change so I had to change.  Hiding, removing line of sight, being quiet, surprising enemies, flanking them, etc, are smart tactics, not cheap ones.  I'm not particularly great now, but I'm better than I was.  Why?  Because I started playing more like the people I used to complain about.

Not to mention, campers aren't that hard to kill.  The killcam helps out with this.  They are flanked easy, and tend to pick the same spots.  By constantly chasing after them, you'll scare them off and eventually out into the open where they are weakest.  Its all about outsmarting people.  Bear in mind that good players will do this to you as well.

Like most have said above, just play your game.  As long as you're not actually cheating like many others are, ignore the rest. 

Level 7

in reply to Noick

Good post. I agree with you completely.

Level 4

in reply to PAPA875

Someone did make me laugh the other night, he accused my enitire team of camping. Now this I agree could have been possible but the one thing that made me laugh was that my team had been spawn trapped at one end of the ship on hijacked! how can he possibly consider this to be camping?!?!

Level 9

in reply to PAPA875

the worst idiots who play domination and then when you win they call you a camper LOL

play the objective fuc.k tard which means camping

Level 3

in reply to PAPA875

I love when an idiot(s) call me a camper (especially if I get the final kill) and the killcam clearly shows me chasing the guy for a couple seconds before he tries to camp in a corner, behind a box, or something, and I kill him, or I'm simply sprinting around and happen across them in a room and kill them.

Level 24

in reply to PAPA875

PAPA875 wrote:

So why is my playstyle a problem?

This is why: http://community.callofduty.com/message/413835623#413835623

Level 22

in reply to Doc_SoCal

LOL! How did I miss that!?

Level 1

Studios