Pistols are Over-Powerd

Call of Duty Black Ops II General Discussion

Re: Pistols are Over-Powerd

in reply to amathyx

I forgot to read this anyways secondary doesn't mean weaker I hate to break it to you especially since you can have a Primary as a secondary even in real life there are soldiers who prefer a SMG over a handgun as a secondary so yea enough with that logic. If pistols get nerfed then the SMGs should get a nerf as well.

Level 23

in reply to Adam1234567893

i stopped reading when you mentioned real life

i don't care what happens in real life, it's not relevant to what happens in a video game

the only even remotely balanced pistol is the five seven

the executioner is meh, but is still entirely capable of ohk's

the other 3 need to be toned down

Level 16

in reply to Predatorex1

In no other COD, have I seen so many people running around with pistols only, and doing as well as people with smgs, AR's..etc etc....that alone is the telling factor about pistols in BO2

Level 17

in reply to Albysky

I agree, if they weren't faster and stronger then why are half the players using them?  The kill cams I have seen with the pistols are silly.  Half the time they don't even have the reticle on the target just in a halo near them.  The B23R is just ridiculous...

Level 1

in reply to HadesStar

HadesStar wrote:

if they weren't faster and stronger then why are half the players using them? 

They aren't. I mostly see AR's and SMG's. Stop making up fake stats. Half the fanbase do not all use pistols.

Level 7

in reply to Predatorex1

No, no more nerfs of anykind. People like you ruin the game and cause most of the complaints about the guns being weak and inconsistent. When people demand nerfs, you ruin the gun diversity and turn it into a dull and boring game. Just stop it already, because the game gets less and less fun with each nerf.

Level 6

in reply to garryowen107

People like you are why MW3 was so trashy. Gun balance is a good thing.

Level 16

in reply to Predatorex1

In all likelihood, you're only being killed by pistols (and smgs) more frequently than other weapons because the people using them are closer to you, not because they're statistically better weapons. The only people you will see doing well with pistols are highly aggressive players. They're going to do well regardless of type of weapon they use. Because of the short ranges and how quickly players can be eliminated, the CoD series on the whole rewards this type of aggressive play. For comparison's sake if you're familiar with paintball; CoD is speedball, Battlefield is woodsball.  While the core concept is the same, you can't play the two the same way.

Level 2

in reply to Predatorex1

Not all pistols are OP. I think that with the B23R, it only kills with one burst fire shot when the enemy is right in front of you. Pistols loose a ton of damage when it has to travel, so they have to be powerful up close otherwise they would be useless.

The most OP hand gun in black ops 2 is the Tac. 45 without a doubt.

Level 1

in reply to Predatorex1

My only beef with pistols is not that there OP its that's there zero damage reduce or range when suppressor is used.

Level 3

Studios