Peacekeeper?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Peacekeeper?

in reply to SoG_Hanix_PC

to me its like a more mobile m27, the gun is great and I got gold on it in the fastest time of all of the smg's.

Level 19

in reply to ColdChilln88

I play on Xbox and Ps3 and used the peacekeeper alot on Sunday / Monday.

Maybe i would of beasted with any gun, as the connections were fair, but I was ripping people with the peacekeeper.

It is the perfect weapon for my style of play, I like to run n gun but rely heavily on taking targets down from range. This gun lets me sprint faster while offering the accuracy and range I would expect from an AR. (I rarely use subs).

It might be useless on PS3 with the poor connections we all suffer. But on Xbox it feels like a little beast when in my hands.

It may have slow fire rate / low damage but it is accurate and kills in 4 bullets.

My setup with it is all about getting lead on target.

I run QuickDraw handle, red dot and mix up between extended mags / dual mags.

Level 20

in reply to whytie84

Just a question. What gun would you compare the peacekeeper's recoil too? Alot of people say it is like an M27 but I have seen a recoil plot which showed the peacekeeper's recoil was more comparable to the MTAR.

Level 23

in reply to BukLau101

God knows, I'm not a guru on Xbox, struggle with the pad a little, so my feel for recoil etc is somewhat different in comparison to PS3. Does that make sense? Lol

It definitely has a kick to it, if you full auto fire for a couple of seconds or more it definitely raises upwards, but it's more than manageable for me using a pad I'm not comfortable with.

Just uploaded gameplay of it to my channel a couple of days ago actually. I would say the recoil is more heavy than the M27. I don't use the MTAR so can't really comment on it.

I noticed a recoile reduction when using the red dot sight but that might have been my imagination.

Level 20

in reply to whytie84

Lots of people have been saying this has M27 like recoil but from the gameplay that I've seen that doesn't seem to be the case. I'm looking forward to using the peacekeeper but how much this gun kicks will be the deciding factor in whether I'll use it regulary because apart from its range it doesn't have any redeeming qualitites.

Level 23

in reply to BukLau101

A competent player will find it more than manageable. IMO it's more accurate than any of the subs.

I'm an all out AR user, I like the type 25, M27 & AN94. It's rare that i use subs, it's rare that I even like them. I can handle myself up close but prefer mid range engagements.

The peacekeeper for me is more than adequate at both, but it doesn't excell at either. Subs are at an advantage up close, an likewise ARs at an advantage at range.

It's all about your playstyle.

Anyone who has seen my vids on here / MW3 forums will know I run like a mad man but choose engagements carefully, the peacekeeper is perfect for just that.

Level 20

in reply to whytie84

I prefer ARs to subs as well. One good thing about the peacekeeping though is that I can save a point because I won't need stock. Maybe I'll end up liking the peacekeeper but I'll probably stick to the M27 for a medium to long range gun

Level 23
Highlighted

in reply to ColdChilln88

I read on the ballistics of the real life round (5.7x28) and it sounds like the game is real similar to the actual round. It is a rifle round down sized to pistol size. It has the penetrating ability and range of a rifle round but not the damage. Indeed it does less damage than most pistol rounds, even though it easily penetrates combat ballistic vests.

The round was developed to be used in compact weapons carried by noninfantry troops in combat. So far it has only been fired once in anger, by the Houston SWAT team, the perp took so many 5.7x28 rounds (plus many 9mm and 5.56 rounds) that they took the cartrige out of there arsenal immediately.

The trade offs may be worth it in the right situation. LOL this kind of thing is why a gun collector ends up with so many guns, you can always claim I don't have a gun for that.

Level 2

in reply to ColdChilln88

Yea, the Peacekeeper is  totally real! See I even own one...http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii587/KiTTYReckless/peacekeeper3_zpsa7199592.jpgIt's a POS, tho.. Won't even chamber a round. I wouldn't recommend it.

Level 4

in reply to KiTTYReCKless

Best post on the thread.

You sir won an internet cookie.

Level 4

Studios