Patch 1.04 REVIEW

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: Patch 1.04 REVIEW

in reply to jeffcarlb

The only differences I noticed post-patch:

• It now has time to finish saying "Enemy Lightning Strike incoming" before you die from it, but there's still not enough time to evade one.
  • It's slightly more difficult to get kills beyond mid-range with the PDW now, but I didn't notice any difference at close range or when hip-firing in CQC.

UAVs are still very common and very easy to earn (at least in Domination games), I didn't notice any change (better or worse) in the overall lag issue, and I didn't notice any difference in the spawning either.  In fact, I had four enemies spawn directly in front of me when I was trying to run through their flag area at one point, which kind of sucked for me.

I didn't use any of the other weapons which were nerfed/buffed in the patch, so don't know with them.

Level 26
Highlighted

in reply to Harv72

I got in some gameplay with the MTAR tonight, which allegedly was changed so that aim assist works the same as on other assault rifles (I didn't realize it was different before)...couldn't see any difference in performance vs. what I remembered from pre-patch.  I had been focused almost entirely on the SCAR-H for the last prestige, though, so it had been a while since I used the MTAR.

Overall the game doesn't really feel different at all.

Level 26

in reply to jeffcarlb

But they fail to deliver a solution to the main problem-FREEZING! I wander if they are actually blind (because they can't read that PS3s STILL freeze), or plain stupid (not doing a simple damn thing about it, eventhough they know about it).

Level 3

in reply to jeffcarlb

Since the new patch it's been great for me.

I had enough issues from freezing on the load screen at "awaiting textures" to huge lag issues but now it's gone. i have done about 7 hours of play on the new patch and both my k/d and killstreaks are way up.

I have been on this forum moaning that this game was the end of COD for me but hey, they seem to have fixed it! Last four games were 25/6, 27/2, 21/9 and 21/6. There have been a few uggo's in there but that was my bad play.

Yep, I'm happy again.

Level 9

in reply to jeffcarlb

Ive played about ten matches (TDM) in public and league and the latency is worse than before! The game for me is incredibly difficult to maneuver, to get decent kills.

Sucks..............

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

LOL    Infinity Ward =  The developers to stand in line for COD because its worth it. IF is by far the elite developer for COD.  Treyarch is the innovator reaching for goals and changes, but they fail as programmers to deliver the experience they are imagining.

BlackOps 1   was a pure example of this. Modern Warfare, Modernwarfare 2  ABSOLUTELY KICKED ASS!  Shooting was tight, aiming was tight, shooting acrossed the screen absolutely pin point tight. Ive shot at people on BO, and BO2 and had a whole lot of WTF moments!

When Treyarch puts out a Call of Duty there will be very little bitching!  It will be a quality product instead of submitting an incompleted game, and patching up the failures later.

Blackops 2 hopefully is the last release of COD series before nextgen PS4(Orbis) releases. If Battlefield starts incorporating weapon leveling, stats, smaller maps etcetera.... it might very well be the game to have!  For now battlefield fails to feed that quick adrenaline need that COD provides, but COD is getting stale as ever these day. I however personally.... I really like BO 2. I have no complaints other than there is more tweaking and so forth to be done. Its going to take a bit more time thats all.  For now sit back, and enjoy and take advantage of what imbalances you may find until they get fixed.

Level 1

in reply to ELCOJOEBEL

Great response elcojoebel................Im just at a loss of words..............it just bites to play right now.............

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to jeffcarlb

I had another freeze while editing my player card

Lag and spawns have not improved at all. Not even a little

Keep getting separated from parties

Level 13

in reply to jeffcarlb

This patch is really good, I was afraid it was going to ruin the game. (Let's not forget the horrible 1.04 patch on BO1)

Instead of being the one getting killed by 2 shots, I now seem to be the one killing in 2 shots. I like it.

I still think the lightning strike needs to be delayed by another .5 seconds though...

Level 3

in reply to jeffcarlb

I agree about the bettys. I just started using them really. Now they seem useless to me. Factor in if someone is lagging bad.

Level 59

Studios