PS3: Waiting for teams to balance.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: PS3: Waiting for teams to balance.

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

Another day Dawns and gives us a new Black Ops 2 problem .....

Yesterday could not get online at all.

Today I get into the lobby and all I get is "Waiting to Balance Teams" ..... "Match is about to start" - rinse and repeat over and over and over again - still cannot get into a game.

Level 24

in reply to sstang1

Same issue. I recorded it on my blackberry so if they need video proof of this we have it.

Level 9

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

It works for me in MN, just not core-TDM. Tried FFA and it works. Zombies work.

Level 1

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

Tried no maps voted, was still stuck waiting for more players to balance teams in a full lobby.  Searched for 8 minutes in Core TDM, Domination, and Nuketown. 10 lobbies all stuck, all full.

Level 4

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

i couldn't get in to a match said its balancing, jump out and in, kept doing this and eventually got into a game, i know its not practical but you will eventually get in.

Level 9
Highlighted

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

if you're trying to play hc tdm or regular tdm, this has been working for me:

http://community.callofduty.com/message/413538386#413538386

Level 3

in reply to CoB_Easy

How does this explain the fact that after matches end and nobody has left the lobby, it still fails to start the next game? On day two, I could not play two matches in a row with any lobby, even if none of the players left from the previous match. That should mean the host probably never changed. If they weren't glitchy the first match, does hosting a match make a host glitchy? I never played two matches in a row with any lobby on day 2.

Level 2

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

What this means: you will spend more time in lobbies than actually playing MP because the game is screwed up.

Playing mostly Core/ Domination and when match starts the mode changes to Custom Games mode from Core even though I wasn't invited to a custom game and I didn't change lobbies. This has happened to me multiple times on day 2.

Console lock which resulted in the PS3 having to scan all files for errors upon restart after hard shut down. I have had the console lock before in other games but never have I seen it have to do a file scan upon restart. After hearing that BLOPS2 may be corrupting hard drives, this worries me a bit.

Serious lag. Once the seeming eternity ends and a match starts, I am rewarded for my patience by horrendous lag. If I had a dollar for every person I shot first and repeatedly, who then proceeded to killed me like I was a statue, I would have already paid for my Care Package edition in a few hours of MP. If you like fiction on a scale that makes earlier COD kill cams look perfectly accurate, watch a BLOPS 2 kill cam. You would think you are watching another match where everyone but yourself is 1-2 seconds in the furture. My K/D went from 1.1 to .8 in a dozen matches on day 2 because I was getting wrecked so badly. I may suck but I don't suck that bad.

Why the game went from seemingly normal to epic fail in 24 hours doesn't make sense to me. I liked being on the good side the first day, day two was purgatory with eternal lobbies and lag. If they "fixed" something from day 1 to 2, they need to unfix it.

The fact that BLOPS 2 MP is a fail after all the problems with BLOPS 1, forever damages Treyarch's reputation in my eyes. For all intents and purposes, the game is very similar to BLOPS 1 in graphics, feel, and game play from the gamers perspective. There is no revolution in FPS gaming here. Why the hell can't they get the MP right? I didn't own MW2 on release day but MW3 (and MW2) ran flawlessly compared to BLOPS1 and 2. Never had any issues so severe as I have with both the Treyarch releases I have purchased. There must be something to the belief that Treayarch neglects the PS3. I know the devs at infinity ward came out before the release of MW3 and said they were committed to making the PS3 experiece just as good as the XBOX and they must have been moved to say so because of the general beleif in the PS3 community that Treyarch neglects the PS3. It all adds up and there are 2 examples in a row of poor execution on Treyarchs part in regards to PS3 MP.

Level 2

in reply to garage-father

i agree with everything that garage-father said:

1) PS3 customers have been getting shafted by developers who seem to prioritize XBox versions of the game over PS3 versions.

2) They have had 2 years to prepare this game for when it releases and there are enough bugs to make someone go crazy, especially the ones that freeze your whole console up and upon restart you need to do a scan of your file system to make sure nothing is corrupt, translation one HUGE bug that could ruin your ps3 forever all b/c of the lack of testing by Treyarchs.

3) From the looks of it not much is visibly different, aka no huge changes in the coding, hence why multiplayer should be working without any hiccups, not having users sitting ...trying to balance teams... WHEN ITS 9 on 9, 8 on 8, 7 on 7, ETC ETC, JUST START THE GAME!!. Another huge FLAW.

4) Collaborate with Activision and determine how they were able to produce a game which on release worked great, even the mulitplayer.

One good thing they did was they enabled 2 PSN users to play split screen on multiplayer while each was logged in to their own unique accounts opposed to someone having to be a guest of someones.

Any Responses from the Treyarchs

Level 1

in reply to Droz10

It's just a ploy to make us buy an xbox.

Damn you Bill Gates!

Level 48

Studios