PS3: Tracking hard lock information. [Looking for reproducible steps.]

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: PS3: Tracking hard lock information. [Looking for reproducible steps.]

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

yesterday console (ps3) froze a few times. in the past 2 hrs today ive froze 5 times. i installed the textures thinking it may help some, seems to be freezing at random points,

1.after matches,

2.sending invites,

3.joining friends,

4.editing emblem or loadouts,

5.looking at profile or

6.coming out of the xmb menu.

the first night i had no problems at all and played for a few hrs. i have been trying to find a  page to report the problems since i read treyarch is wanting to know when its happening but i cant figure out exactly where to report it so hopefully some reads this.

i have the 120gb ps3 slim.

Level 1

in reply to imamadkirby

same here. I just froze trying to look at clips. Also froze in game while playing multiplayer and also have had some small frezzing issues in COmbat traning but they only last 2 secs then the game starts back up.

Level 1

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

so it just happen in my son ps3, he was playing the campain at the horses mission, then he saw a big tank moving shooting at him. then the horse fall and you have to press button but he die, then the screen just stayed black and completly frooze the playstation, impossible to press "PS" button so i had to remove the disc then hold power button to reset the ps3

Level 2

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

Here is what usually occurs with me when I get the hard lock screen:

1. Joined Lobby/Waiting in Lobby after a game.

2. Message will say "Need more players to balance.." when there already is a full lobby.

3. Sit there waiting in lobby while people leave/join while still showing message from #2

4. After an unspecified amount of time, the screen just freeze completely.. Which ends up requiring me to Hard Reset.

Not sure if that helps, but thats what has happened 7 of the 8 times ive experienced a hard lock.

Level 1

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

I know an easy way to make the PS3 lockup and act funky.

1.  Put COD Black Ops 2 disc in.

2.  Try to bring up ELITE app BEFORE playing Black Ops 2.

3.  Locked.

All of the issues I faced seemed to be because I tried to do things before actually playing Black Ops 2 for the first time.  Ex. Buying the Nuketown 2025 map before playing, caused the market to hang.

Level 1

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

Ps3 slim (dont know what gb) updated to latest system update. try searching for a game and get

"Error

An error has occured while trying to find a session, please try again"

So, ive tried again say 20 times. reset my router 4times. turned the ps3 on and off tried agan no luck. reset it, no luck, played on another game it worked so i went back with full hope and no. so i took ps3 out of socket left it an hour. took router out for an hour and still no. tried joining friends to see if i can join a game, cant even join while 2hours erlier i was playing with them

hope this helps in any way

adam

Level 1

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

This is still happening to me even dispite yesterday i said deleting the patch fixed it... It did not. It simply took longer for it to happen again and I dont know if that was due to coincidence or what.

Once again: Shutting down with blinking red light

60GB - Chicago

Only shuts down in game modes, not menus.

Level 1

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

1. automatic load to MP

2. select multiplayer game Ex: Nuketown 2025

3. screen goes black with COD load symbol in cornerl for 2-3 seconds

4. goes back to MP lobby with an Error: An error occured while trying to find session, please try again.

cant join any sessions or even play combat training. I'm wirelessly connected, my BF is wired and he isn't having this problem. Has been happening all morning. 4 hours.

PS3

US

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

Had mine freeze up in mp zombie mode host migrated then took a few steps frozen in place had to power off ps3.

Level 5

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

Only got this game last night, 24 hours later (About 5 hours playing or trying to play) and been frozen 7 times. 2 Times in the last 25 fucking minutes.

In a zombie lobby, 4 of us are ready, counting down, when the game goes to start it freezes. I love COD a lot, but this is pathetic, they know they will sell millions of copies, and it seems like they don't give a shit anymore.

Level 1

Studios