PS3: Tracking hard lock information. [Looking for reproducible steps.]

Call of Duty Black Ops II Playstation 3

Re: PS3: Tracking hard lock information. [Looking for reproducible steps.]

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

Yesterday a playlist came out in between matches back out to update. then started having the problems. 12hours after the fact still cannot get into a lobby unless i create a new account. then i can only play for a bit. had a bit of success joining friends lobbies for a bit, now i cant even do that. is it a server issue or an account issue?

Level 1

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

I've attempted the system restore.

I've installed the texture files.

1. I'm prompted with a patch (downloaded).
  2. I load the game (MP)
  3. I enter lobby.
  4. Lobby is full but takes FOREVER to load game due to "searching for players to balance teams".
  5. Game starts after about 5 minutes+ in  a FULL lobby.
  6. Game freezes while playing game or while waiting in a lobby looking at leaderboards, editing playercard, create a class, etc (even in Campiagn).
  7. Have done a "hard restart" AND "eject the disc and reinsert to reload game".
  8. BOTH attempts result in a corruption of the Hard Disc data and the PS3 must search the HD for corrupted data and repair the disc.
  9. Has happened over 15 times and counting (really frustrating)

Message was edited by: BobbyBLACK

Message was edited by: BobbyBLACK

Level 1

in reply to BobbyBLACK1

I go to Nuketown 2025 playlist

I join a game

Halfway through it kicks me out

I try to join another game and it freezes and say's Error "Finding Session"

Level 1

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

What a joke have had this game two days and have managed 1 full game.

Sometimes game loads as far as in multi player mode until try to enter game and crash.

Hard reboot try play campaign instead I get as far as the cars and jeep chase at the very start and crash

Hard reset

Disc error  please check that disk is clean. (It's a brand new disc of course it is)

I have had to do at least 30 hard resets and still we wait for a second full game. Joke

Level 1

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

can't jou mp session

I hope someone can help!  When I try to find match it tries to join a match/lobby for about 2/3 secs and then screen goes black with black ops 2 logo in bottom right hand corne, then goes back to main menu with an error message saying: Error cannot join session please try again! I have tried many times & still get the same error. I have tried signing out of PSN network & back in again, switching PS3 off & on again but no luck. By the way I was able to play for 3/4 hours earlier with no problems then this happened all of a sudden.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Level 1

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

Have been trying to nail down some reproducable steps for you, but the hard lock is really random.  Basically, if you stay in the lobbies and don't edit classes or scroll off of the default screen, you can play pretty consistently.  Moving around in the menus is where the trouble starts:

* The Barracks.  I can go create an emblem, but if I am creating for too long, it will almost always freeze.  (really annoying if you get caught with a complicated emblem you haven't saved yet)

* Side menus from the lobby.  If I scroll right to view my info or other players info, it will lock pretty consistently at some point.

* Idle in the lobby.  Sometimes just sitting in the lobby, you will hear the audio go out, and it will be hard locked. (requires PS3 reboot)

I am also getting the "error occurred creating session" error everyone is getting.   My suggestion, have a debug mode or something where actual helpful error messages and codes can be returned to your development staff, so that all of this subjective guessing and translating of peoples experiences isn't your only source of information.

Overall, pretty disappointed with the stability.  This is definitely more like a Beta or Gold Release Candidate than an actual production release.

Level 1

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

Not even in a lobby or looking for a match. Just sitting on the online screen and it freezes.... 2nd disc check in 1 hour

Level 2
Highlighted

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

I try to add my Facebook account

The login appears

Enter and press sign in

Freezes every time

Level 14

in reply to Foxhound-Pro
  1. Load Game
  2. Select Multiplayer
  3. Find Match
  4. Look At playercards in Lobby
  5. Freeze

1. Load Game
  2. Select Muliplayer
  3. Select Playercard
  4. Load Playercard
  5. Freeze

(this next one happens upon occasion)

1. Load Game
  2. Select Multiplayer
  3. Find Match
  4. Load Map
  5. Freeze
Level 1

in reply to MadBossPro

I can confirm the same steps with playercards.

Level 1

Studios